CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Saw you two over there...thanks! It is still new and not much traffic yet. So spread the word! PLEASE

Wolftrack, what kind of Phoenix? Gold or silver? Sorry to hear you lost her. I now have to cull one of y 2 GNH hens.
he.gif

I wish horse breeders were as good about culling as chicken breeders.

Very nice! We have had bad luck with our Silver Phoenix. Got the from some clueless breeders. They bred gold in there so the colors are often wrong and the roos are MEAN!
Did we get the same breeder?? I had this problem too and of course I lost my #1 hen. Still have the #2. I hatched out checks from a beautiful roos and though WTH??? At least the roo is nice, but he did mount my poor girl and hurt her, which is why I lost her. New roo coming up and I have let people know that these should NOT be used for breeding. They really destroy them when they go for sexlinks and then you can't use them. EVER! I'm going to look for a couple more hens and roo later though. And I mean from a GOOD breeder again.

Thank you. They're approx 8 weeks. Guess now I'll start studying up on Roosters. I'm embarrassingly uneducated on how fertilization works: I don't want mixed breed birds, is that even possible?

Back
Top Bottom