CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Ok, the picture is ready.

They have been laying since December so they are getting pretty far into the laying cycle. The eggs are still a nice color but have lightened up a bit.

thanks, you sure are efficient.
Would you say the spotted effect is typical of the Penes? I have Crele Penedesenca crosses and really like the spotted effect.

Do the middle eggs have a bloom and if so, is that what you see as contributing to the purple color of some eggshells?

thanks, you sure are efficient.
Would you say the spotted effect is typical of the Penes? I have Crele Penedesenca crosses and really like the spotted effect.

Do the middle eggs have a bloom and if so, is that what you see as contributing to the purple color of some eggshells?
The Pene eggs do have nice spots sometimes. I like the very black circle on the ends too.

The purple does come from the Bloom. Those are the eggs that hatched first. I have some developing from the pullet that lays the lighter speckled egg. Hopefully the darkest laying pullet will be fertile now too.

I will see when I set these!

So excited. I have chocolate bantam AM chicks!!!!! Last year they were all black, so hard to tell, but auto sexing and chocolate mean my roo is the right one and I have pullets for sure! weeeeeeeeeeee

Whooo!! A whole California thread! I'm in the East Bay Area!
Welcome!
frow.gif

I'm in Modesto, but from the Bay Area

Back
Top Bottom