CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

There is a new facebook page that was just started to get the word out that we are trying to change the city ordinances to allow chickens in every backyard in Porterville CA (which is in Tulare County) If you would be so kind to share this group on your facebook pages to get this out, I would HUGELY appreciate it! Time really is of the essence.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Backyard-Chickens-to-Porterville-CA/446865225448479

If you are in Tulare County, or know anyone in Tulare County please share.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

There is a new facebook page that was just started to get the word out that we are trying to change the city ordinances to allow chickens in every backyard in Porterville CA (which is in Tulare County) If you would be so kind to share this group on your facebook pages to get this out, I would HUGELY appreciate it! Time really is of the essence.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Backyard-Chickens-to-Porterville-CA/446865225448479

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Good luck with your efforts. I am so glad not to have to deal with that added problem.

There is a new facebook page that was just started to get the word out that we are trying to change the city ordinances to allow chickens in every backyard in Porterville CA (which is in Tulare County)    If you would be so kind to share this group on your facebook pages to get this out, I would HUGELY appreciate it!      Time really is of the essence.  

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

We have the same issue in Tulare. Hopefully they can fix both cities at once.

We have the same issue in Tulare. Hopefully they can fix both cities at once.
One of my good friends is the one that initially brought it before the Tulare City Council a couple of years ago. She thought that she had the support of most of the council and then a commercial chicken farmer got wind of the campaign and wrote a letter saying that backyard chickens bring diseases to the area that can destroy his farm. Ugh!!!!

We know that there are 2 of the councilmen that will vote to change the ordinance, we just need 1 more vote to get it to pass and no outside interference :)

I had a great weekend and good morning. Just got home an hour ago and someone hit my yard. I found dead hens lined up on top of a rabbit cage, a FBCM cockerel, dead in his pen, lots and lots of missing birds from each breeding pen. I'm so sick or sick people. They hit the brooder too, but I'm trying to get it together to even figure out what's missing.

I had a great weekend and good morning. Just got home an hour ago and someone hit my yard. I found dead hens lined up on top of a rabbit cage, a FBCM cockerel, dead in his pen, lots and lots of missing birds from each breeding pen. I'm so sick or sick people. They hit the brooder too, but I'm trying to get it together to even figure out what's missing.
Kim, I am SO sorry! That is just horrible!!! I can't imagine someone being so cruel and heartless!! Makes me sick and really mad!!!
somad.gif
You need a well hidden game camera to catch the people who keep doing this to your chickens!!!

Kim, I am SO sorry! That is just horrible!!! I can't imagine someone being so cruel and heartless!! Makes me sick and really mad!!!
somad.gif
You need a well hidden game camera to catch the people who keep doing this to your chickens!!!
I know. My head is about to explode, I'm going to take something for my head and go get a final count on the missing birds. PO said they'd be out later to take a report.

rant.gif
That makes me angry!

Any prospects for moving to a better place?

How awful! In addition to the game cam, you need a chicken friendly guard dog out there.

Back
Top Bottom