CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

I sure hope they can catch it. Glad to hear that they are taking that stance. Before it's over, she may wish she had handled this a whole lot differently.

Yep! She is going to be fined big time for owning a "dangerous animal". Its too bad she didn't do the right thing to begin with.

I agree about catching him at night. Would have been much easier!

He said they have to have a meeting on how to catch him. In 2010 they set a trap for three days and never caught him.

The dog must go to the owner. Why don't they demand she surrender it?.........or go the feed store and buy a cull, put it in a secure cage with 1/4" openings or smaller so the bird does not get hurt.. Put all that down next to where it dug the hole last time and catch him yourself...bang!

Walt

goodpost.gif

For trapping dogs we've had great luck with stinky wet cat food. In one case we set the trap with the door latched open so the dog could explore the trap, even eat the food, for a couple of days. (We really wanted this dog to learn not to fear the trap - desperately needed to catch her) The 3rd day we set the trap and caught the dog. This dogs sounds pretty savvy - the trick above may work. (also draping a sheet over the trap to make it "cave-like" can help as well. Good luck. I'm really happy to hear animal control is so responsive AND responsible!

I'm sitting outside letting him walk around in the front yard for a bit. He's not eating much food so I'm hopeing he will eat some grass. He hates this thing. He keeps picking at it. I don't blame him poor guy.

For trapping dogs we've had great luck with stinky wet cat food. In one case we set the trap with the door latched open so the dog could explore the trap, even eat the food, for a couple of days. (We really wanted this dog to learn not to fear the trap - desperately needed to catch her) The 3rd day we set the trap and caught the dog. This dogs sounds pretty savvy - the trick above may work. (also draping a sheet over the trap to make it "cave-like" can help as well. Good luck. I'm really happy to hear animal control is so responsive AND responsible!

I'm sure hoping AC will figure out a way. In 2010 they just gave up. :(

Back
Top Bottom