Call color/gender?

justmeandtheflock

Overrun with ducklings :)
10 Years
May 27, 2009
NW NJ
I have 5 call ducklings about 8 weeks old. I think I have an idea of who is what but hoping some you experts could confirm or set me straight
smile.png
I forgot what color the guy told me the blue ones were when I bought them
hide.gif

These 2 are the same duckling. I am guessing snowy duck. This one was sick and it is much smaller than the others.
32600_img00154.jpg

32600_img00155.jpg

This is a group of 4 more. The two middle dubklings are both blue/cream colored. The black one is quacking so I am going with mixed color duck. It is larder than the others so it could be older. The other 3 are still peeping so I am guessing they are all drakes.
32600_img00148.jpg

32600_img00151.jpg

32600_img00153.jpg

Thanks
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks
smile.png
I'm guessing one on the right in the group pic (same as the last pic) is a snowy drake.

I can't find any pics that look like the blue ones but since they are still peeping, I'm guessing drakes for now.

Thank you for the replies
smile.png
It does look like a seagull, lol

From the few pictures of blue magpie that I can find it looks like I am going to have to wait to heat their voices. I have a gray pair that are a few weeks olderand the drake just got his voice in the last week or 2. If I have 4 drakes and 3 ducks I will have to rehome some of the drakes
sad.png

That is actually the picture that helped me figure out blue magpie
smile.png
I found another set of pictures of a male and female and they both look the same to me. I am holding out hope that they are at least a pair. What do you think on the snowys?

Back
Top Bottom