Call Duck Adventure

I am excited to see yours when they hatch! I did have to assist a few. The first to pip did so through veins so i had to help that one and two others who were unable to get to the zip. Not bad though. Nerve wracking for me still but definitely not as bad as i was imagining
That’s great news for me to hear!

Just checked my eggs tonight to see where the air cels where. Many are starting to look right now. I think tomorrow night they will be right. The welshie eggs look like they might have fallen behind in development though. They are all still having space in their insides where the call eggs are almost all dark but tiny slivers in most of them.

only a few more days until lockdown!:eek:

We are going into lockdown on Saturday. A large number of eggs for the first time ever. 14 of them are call ducks and 7 are Welsh.

What are you going to do with all those ducks! lol, mine are due the 16th of April, I have 9 in the bator currently, they should be Silver Appleyard x Snowy Crosses and a few unknown ones in there too.

What are you going to do with all those ducks! lol, mine are due the 16th of April, I have 9 in the bator currently, they should be Silver Appleyard x Snowy Crosses and a few unknown ones in there too.

Of the Welshie I will be either selling or freezering the extras (ie drakes and more than three girls). With the calls I am going to see if a few friends that do herding want a few of the extras or sell a few of them. I wasn’t thinking that this many call eggs would make it this far I still have to see how many hatch.

Fun developments tonight. Calls are looking good. 2 Days until lockdown officially! Air cells are widening a bit more each day.
Here they are the call egglets!
IMG_0599.JPG IMG_0600.JPG IMG_0601.JPG IMG_0602.JPG IMG_0603.JPG

But what i was surprised on was that when I looked at my welsh eggs tonight I had 4 shadows along the air cells. So I removed the turner just in case anyone was trying to get ready to hatch. They weren't due to lock down until the 28th like the calls, who got put in 3 or 4 days later so i was surprised with them being refridgerator eggs them seeming like a few might be ready earlier.

Here they are;
IMG_0610.JPG IMG_0604.JPG IMG_0605.JPG IMG_0606.JPG IMG_0607.JPG IMG_0608.JPG IMG_0609.JPG
Below is a picture of where the air cells are. The blue line is where they were on Saturday or Sunday last week. The red line was where they were tonight. The hashed line is where the shadows where tonight. Means I have to get the brooder warming up a day earlier than planned but thats ok. Super excited to have ducklings again! :wee:D:jumpy:celebrate
IMG_0611.JPG IMG_0612.JPG

The Welshes got so warmed up they got speedy. Boy exciting. Can’t wait to see all these babies!!
I have a friend that is counting ducklings before they hatch. I keep telling him they have to make it out of the eggs before we can count them as duckies.

still nervous about the calls, I have done plenty of assistance hatches but they just seem more daunting to me. I am hoping I am just over complicating them in my head.

Back
Top Bottom