Call duck eggs are beginning to pip, including the one with twins!

wee.gif
Owhhhh I hope the lil guy makes it!! its sooo exciting to have twins!!!
love.gif

love some pics when they are both dry
hugs.gif

I didnt want to name anything- as we may have different products out here. But what I use is a spray called Cetrigen. Its an antibacterial with active ingreients Cetrimide, diethyl toluamide and di-n-propyl isocinchomeronate. It is purple and also contains an insect replent to stop blow fly strike.. Its fairly geeneric as far as what animals you can use it on- poultry , horses, pigs, cattle.

I cant use it straight out of the aerosol is it would colour the whole duckling purple. I spray some into a small container and paint it onto the navel area with a cotton bud.
I also make sure bedding is cleaned more often to eliminate moisture or dampness.

I looked that up, and so far it looks like it is only offered in Australia. I would think we have something similar here in USA, but I don't know what it is.

Quote:
We do... not the same active ingredients but same principal... antifungal, antiseptic spray on dressing. Lookup blue-kote, red-kote, and wound kote.

Quote:
We do... not the same active ingredients but same principal... antifungal, antiseptic spray on dressing. Lookup blue-kote, red-kote, and wound kote.

Oh yeah, I can get plenty of those at my friendly neighborhood horse store! I thought of them but wasn't sure if they were the same thing.
big_smile.png

I also have a blood clot/styptic powder for my parrots, which would likely work for clotting but I don't think it has any antiseptic properties.

Back
Top Bottom