Call duck pen ideas!

I house my "adult" calls with..well all the birds in my signature besides the geese. I have no problems at all, If you have a good male to female ratio along with a big coop you should have no problems, but if you'd like to be safe something like this might work for six calls. Maybe a bit bigger and lower to the ground for easier access.

1584829658749.png

Last edited:
I house my "adult" calls with..well all the birds in my signature besides the geese. I have no problems at all, If you have a good male to female ratio along with a big coop you should have no problems, but if you'd like to be safe something like this might work for six calls. Maybe a bit bigger.

View attachment 2058205
Nice house :thumbsup Something like that would work. I’m looking foreword to building something. It will be a nice distraction.

That is a good idea. It is definitely feasible since I have around six pallets in my backyard and some useable wood too . Thanks much for the ideas! 😁
It won't be fancy but it will work! Just get some hardware cloth and put it wherever there are spaces something like a weasel can get through and you should be good to go!

I made a pallet shelter for mine in the run for during the day for shade and when it rains. One of the maintenance guys at Sam's club gave me some big thick sheets of plastic/rubber-like stuff that they put between the product of breakable liquids on the pallets. It's the size of pallets and I put it on top of the roof of my pallet hut in the run. It's as dry as can be too even with all the rain we've had.

I put a pallet on top, then an old piece of plywood and then the black rubber stuff on top of that. It's not beautiful by any means but the ducks seem to love it.
IMG_1510.JPG

Your doing great and they are adorable ❤
Thank you very much. I am still a little worried about the little one that seems sleepy. It is doing ok it just doesn’t seem as lively so I thought electrolytes might perk it up. I am thinking the trip might have just faired harder for that little one. It seems to be better now. I will keep monitoring it and make sure it does well. :) I think I would be tired too if I spent three days getting jostled around in the mail.

I let the littles walk around this morning for a while when I cleaned their pen. They loved it! They all were running and playing even the little snowy! I am in the process of naming them right now! Once I have their names I will definitely post a picture of each one! They are definitely lovable little ducklings! :wee

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 14
  • B8325111-0687-413F-A0C0-2CB8AABBEB85.jpeg
    B8325111-0687-413F-A0C0-2CB8AABBEB85.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 52552CB5-A4A7-4771-AF1C-E550A15AFCA5.jpeg
    52552CB5-A4A7-4771-AF1C-E550A15AFCA5.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 14
  • C3080211-0C44-4D29-B196-4045E1A0889E.jpeg
    C3080211-0C44-4D29-B196-4045E1A0889E.jpeg