Call Ducks Finally Hatched

My mom gave me 12 call eggs, and six started developing... One by one they are all quitting. I am doing something wrong for ducks, I am down to 2. *cry! Now I know why there are whole threads dedicated to hatching these little buggers.

Awww. I'm sorry to hear that. They are tough to get to hatch. Maybe check humidity and temp with another hygrometer/thermometer to make sure the one you're using is reading correctly. Everyone incubates differently but I incubate at 20-30% humidity and 100 degrees. I do not add any water during incubation and then add it at lockdown to raise humidity to 70-75%. The last time I heard of someone loosing that many before lockdown was because her hygrometer was off

Awww. I'm sorry to hear that. They are tough to get to hatch. Maybe check humidity and temp with another hygrometer/thermometer to make sure the one you're using is reading correctly. Everyone incubates differently but I incubate at 20-30% humidity and 100 degrees. I do not add any water during incubation and then add it at lockdown to raise humidity to 70-75%. The last time I heard of someone loosing that many before lockdown was because her hygrometer was off

My inky is spot on. I think it has four different sensors in it. I am running a humidity pump because I live in the desert, but only have it on 30% humidity. Temp is at 100. All the chicken eggs I set with them are going strong, I guess I need to tweak something :(

My inky is spot on. I think it has four different sensors in it. I am running a humidity pump because I live in the desert, but only have it on 30% humidity. Temp is at 100. All the chicken eggs I set with them are going strong, I guess I need to tweak something
sad.png
Well those reading are OK, I can already see one problem, and that is you shouldn't try to hatch duck eggs with chicken eggs unless you have a second incubator...

Are you using air or still?

Back
Top Bottom