Call Ducks Finally Hatched

My best Hens, Silkies and Maran.

Silkies will sit until something is born, Some have even died trying, Literally DIED while sitting because they refuse to get up or get off until a little one pops out, They are EXTREMELY dedicated but is also there downfall. I had one sit for 2 MONTHS, I had to bring her water and food, finally I hatched out a kid for her. She was a very pleased mommy then. LOL She didn't even have any eggs under her once the first batch failed. LOL but she kept sitting.....

My Maran, she's just an over protected big mongoose, her problem is she will sit on Multiple eggs at one time, I mean Multiple, I counted 38 eggs under her one time. Most of them broke because she's soooo Heavy her weight smash them but she was determined to have a kid. LOL

Cochins, well they are slowly learning, they are a little more impatient but can be very protective, they don't like to sit for a long time, once there clock says OK times up, that's it it's Time up.. LOL.. They can be very easily distracted too.

Three are hatched. All three have spots, just hard to see in pictures yet.

Interesting, I'm listening a radio station talking about a hatching eggs and a good percentage of FAILED hatchings is based on what you are feeding them.

Studies show, that if you feed your hens right, you will have less death's in embroys. This also includes them dying in the shell just before due date.. Of course, this isn't the ONLY cause of death but feeding them right will DECREASE mortality..

Very interesting.. Make sure your not feeding them to many snacks, stress, and not to offer them Fatty foods each day. I believe that would include Crack Corn..

Three are hatched. All three have spots, just hard to see in pictures yet.
Gotta say, this picture looks kind of weird, it's like they are in an ocean. LOL Look at the water in the back ground, don't you know they shouldn't be swimming? Oh they aren't they are under the water. OMG, SAVE THEM..

Gotta say, this picture looks kind of weird, it's like they are in an ocean. LOL Look at the water in the back ground, don't you know they shouldn't be swimming? Oh they aren't they are under the water. OMG, SAVE THEM..
They like it in the fish tank brooder! Oh darn it! Maybe I pit too much water in. Now I have to dry them off!

Back
Top Bottom