Call Ducks Finally Hatched

The silvery yellow ducklings will probably be pastels.   The duckling in the middle of second pic, looks like it is sporting a pastel pattern.  :)     Can't really see what the "platinum" one looks like from that pic.  Sometimes they go thru interesting color changes. 

All ducklings are so cute.      Enjoy looking at pics of everyone's ducklings.

Nope, it's not pastel... much different and doesn't have the underlying wildtype/grey pattern...

Front yellow looks like it had a bluish band over the head and over the eyes, yes? That looks like silver... not sure on the other yellow, I've gotten wide range of colors from ones starting like that... either side is blue fawn...

2nd is blue bibbed...

3rd is blue fawn...

4th I'd say more of black pied, or incorrect pied...

It's difficult for me to see on my tiny phone screen. I thought you mentioned a bluish band over the head and eyes. Plus there are two blue fawns next to it. Made me think pastels. :) Can't wait to see what your duck looks like as a young adult Ravyn. Neighbor had one that looked a lot like that.

So glad Spring is here.

​It's difficult for me to see on my tiny phone screen.  I thought you mentioned a bluish band over the head and eyes.  Plus there are two blue fawns next to it.   Made me think pastels.   :)   Can't wait to see what your duck looks like as a young adult Ravyn.    Neighbor had one that looked a lot like that. 

So glad Spring is here. 

Oh, sorry! I wasn't talking about eyestripes though... it's a faint patch more similar to overly marked pied or incorrect magpie marking...

Here...

Inside the red line I drew is what looks like a band of light blue (silver) that goes up from the eye over the crown of the head...

I have lots of silvers and blue bibbed so silver is something that hatches out frequently in bibbed, pied and magpie patterns from my flock... :)

The baby fox is in the hands of a wildlife rehab fella, and my Gray Call Hen has started laying her second clutch of eggs! 3 in the nest box so far. I am rebuilding my pondside aviary so that this next hatching should be able to stay in momma ducks capable care!

Oh, sorry! I wasn't talking about eyestripes though... it's a faint patch more similar to overly marked pied or incorrect magpie marking...

Here...

Inside the red line I drew is what looks like a band of light blue (silver) that goes up from the eye over the crown of the head...

I have lots of silvers and blue bibbed so silver is something that hatches out frequently in bibbed, pied and magpie patterns from my flock... :)

One of the "yellow" chicks has something odd going on around its eyes. I'm not sure if it's that one or not. The fluff all the way around the eye looks really dry. I tried rubbing a little to fluff it up, but it still looks kinda weird. Doesn't seem to bother her, but I'll keep an eye on it.

It's almost like matted sticky duck down, when they hatch gooey, if that makes sense.

One of the "yellow" chicks has something odd going on around its eyes. I'm not sure if it's that one or not. The fluff all the way around the eye looks really dry. I tried rubbing a little to fluff it up, but it still looks kinda weird. Doesn't seem to bother her, but I'll keep an eye on it.

It's almost like matted sticky duck down, when they hatch gooey, if that makes sense.

That might be what it is... I had one like that a couple hatches or so ago... it was impossible to clean it off the down around the eye, just had to let it wear off on its own... I wouldn't worry about it unless it bothers her... :)

Back
Top Bottom