Call Ducks Hatchery

UrbanQuack

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 7, 2009
Miami Fl
Does anyone know of a good hatchery that sells baby call ducks? I know McMurray hatchery sells juvenile call ducks, but I dont know how old they would be. Has anyone bought from them? On a side note, those that own call ducks, do you like owning these species? What is the bad part/side to owning these ducks? Have they flown away? Pictures are greatly appreciated.

You'd be better off to find a breeder to buy some from.

I have calls and they're fun little ducks. None of mine have flown away, but I keep mine penned so they can't.

Quote:
Day old Calls are very delicate and do not survive mail shipment well, so I expect hatcheries and breeders might provide them on a pick-up only basis. (who wants to receive a box of dead cute ducklings?)

I have them! I love the little guys they are adorable and mine a super friendly. I have never had a problem with them flying away. Scooter, one I had hatched myself and was a lone baby, will fly over to me when she sees me outside, but never to get away. When I add new adults I clip their wings to keep them in the pen the first week because my pen is not covered, but after that I never clip them again. I ordered some off of Mrs.Turbo and she ships them at a couple weeks old. All of them made it fine.

I think I have a few black bibbed and maybe a couple silver appleyard calls running around that can also go. Because of the size and ages I can only ship 2-3 per box.
They will all be $25 each. One box shipped is a flat rate of $50, two boxes shipped is $70.
everything else is listed on eggbidd.

Last edited:
Mrs. Turbo, Im not ready to own duck as of now, but I found your website yesterday and I was amazed at how neat everything looks and the multiple varieties of colors and variations you have, its amazing. I definitely will look into contacting you next spring though, maybe by then Ill be ready, at the moment I'm only contemplating the idea and trying to learn as much as possible, but those Call ducks are just irresistible.

Quote:
They are very irresistible.....lol
tongue.png

Our animals are a full time job to take care of.....and thank you for the compliments to the website.

Hi Mrs. Turbo,

Do you have any white call ducklings available? I am having a heck of a time finding them. I am on a couple of waiting lists but I think most breeders are having a rough time hatching this year.

Back
Top Bottom