Call Ducks or Bantams...Crazy Animals Around the Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
much more spacious than their old house~! I plan on adding one more doe too so I didn't want them to be too cramped in their house.

All I give my goats are 2 flakes of hay (For 5 goats) and a handful of sweet feed per goat. A 50lb bag of sweet feed lasts me about a month. And it's only $10 a bag here.
I don't buy my goats actual "Goat feed" Too expensive here too.

Depends on breed or/and quality of the goat and if they're polled or not. For my buck I spent $150 on, The 2 girls were $200 each. And my two wethers were $75 and $50

What breed of goats does he have?
He has Nigerian dwarfs and some Nubian.
Hay is expensive here because of all the rain this summer. Either drought or too much rain..

He has Nigerian dwarfs and some Nubian.
Hay is expensive here because of all the rain this summer. Either drought or too much rain..
Same here. That's why i grow my own now..
I wouldn't pay $400 for a nanny but that's because i'm cheap. highest I would go for a nigerian dwarf doe is maybe $300. I'm actually looking on craigslist rn for some cheap does but most are going for $350-$800

Same here. That's why i grow my own now..
I wouldn't pay $400 for a nanny but that's because i'm cheap. highest I would go for a nigerian dwarf doe is maybe $300. I'm actually looking on craigslist rn for some cheap does but most are going for $350-$800
I know its crazy. I'll stick with my horses for now. :hugs

I know its crazy. I'll stick with my horses for now. :hugs
Haven't had a good year for hay for a while. It's hard to come by good quality bales now. A bale costs $4-$6 now. No way can i afford that having cows, goats and horses. Especially cows! They go through half a bale a day when they're not out on pasture :th

My monthly feed costs are high with the animals I have.
5 dogs
1 Cat
13 Chickens
5 Ducks and Two horses. Never mind the trims and proper wormer and vaccines they all need..:hmm
Definitely adds up...:)
Definitely adds ups :oops:
That's why i'd like to downsize my cows and replace them with some mini jerseys. They still eat tuns but a lot less than full-size jerseys.

Haven't had a good year for hay for a while. It's hard to come by good quality bales now. A bale costs $4-$6 now. No way can i afford that having cows, goats and horses. Especially cows! They go through half a bale a day when they're not out on pasture :th
I wish hay was that price...:eek:
I got a deal on grass hay at $7 a bale. Bought over $100 bales. Hay is going for $12 a bale here..

Definitely adds ups :oops:
That's why i'd like to downsize my cows and replace them with some mini jerseys. They still eat tuns but a lot less than full-size jerseys.
Having them is fun but trying to keep up gets stressful with the feed prices. I definitely notice a difference in keeping the Bantams over the standard chickens. They eat half the feed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom