Call Ducks or Bantams...Crazy Animals Around the Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goats are great fun but yeah, I got too old for them. :old :lol:
I have one that keeps challenging me. When he rears up he's like 6 feet tall. I always need to carry a stick because of him. The little ones are like greased pigs trying to catch them. My la mancha are nice goats but they have no ears. :)

We also need to bale hay, and feed and water them all winter while they complain. In the summer they are always testing the fence.

I've kept goats since 1988. It's time to retire that hobby. I've enjoyed it up until the last year or two. Plus goats never just die one night. They always need to be put down in the end. I'm really tired of that part.

I have one that keeps challenging me. When he rears up he's like 6 feet tall. I always need to carry a stick because of him. The little ones are like greased pigs trying to catch them. My la mancha are nice goats but they have no ears. :)

We also need to bale hay, and feed and water them all winter while they complain. In the summer they are always testing the fence.

I've kept goats since 1988. It's time to retire that hobby. I've enjoyed it up until the last year or two. Plus goats never just die one night. They always need to be put down in the end. I'm really tired of that part.
:hugs At some point they get to be too much. Feeding them is expensive not to mention all the separating and housing you need to build. And yes, when they get sick, it goes on a long time. I too got too tired to keep up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom