backwoodsduckfarm

In the Brooder
Sep 11, 2021
I just brought home three call ducks and they are in a cage near, but separate from my pekins and brown leghorn chickens. They are trying to get out almost like they are trying to be with the other ducks.. I don’t know what to do. I feel bad, but I really do not want them in the same cage due to how oblivious and aggressive my pekins are around other animals. What should I do?

I just brought home three call ducks and they are in a cage near, but separate from my pekins and brown leghorn chickens. They are trying to get out almost like they are trying to be with the other ducks.. I don’t know what to do. I feel bad, but I really do not want them in the same cage due to how oblivious and aggressive my pekins are around other animals. What should I do?
I would keep them separate unless maybe you have all girl Pekins. If they’re all girls maybe give it a try and watch them closely?

I would keep them separate unless maybe you have all girl Pekins. If they’re all girls maybe give it a try and watch them closely?
Unfortunately, the females are out numbered in this case. Four of them are males, only one female. It’s just hard for me to see them not being able to sleep. It is only the first night in their new cage as well.

Unfortunately, the females are out numbered in this case. Four of them are males, only one female. It’s just hard for me to see them not being able to sleep. It is only the first night in their new cage as well.
If you have three boy Pekins and one girl Pekin, I would put the girl Pekin in with the call ducks so the Pekin boys don’t over mate and hurt her. This may also help the call ducks some since they want in with the others lol

Back
Top Bottom