Calling All Beekeepers!

I WANT BEEEEEEEEEEEEES real bad. but I don't have the backyard space.
If you have a back yard you just may have room. They don't stay in the yard so they will make their own room. I have one set up with room for up to 4 in 2 cattle panels folded to 2 tee post, in an oblong circle. I need 2 more t-post to keep the bull from pushing them to get to better grass.
If they need to go up you can put the front near a privacy fence or thick bush and they will go up and over. If it's over 6' you may not even see them on the other side.

If you have a back yard you just may have room. They don't stay in the yard so they will make their own room. I have one set up with room for up to 4 in 2 cattle panels folded to 2 tee post, in an oblong circle. I need 2 more t-post to keep the bull from pushing them to get to better grass.
If they need to go up you can put the front near a privacy fence or thick bush and they will go up and over. If it's over 6' you may not even see them on the other side.
How benificial would they be to my small vegetable and fruit garden?

Yay! Bees are so cool! I’ll be getting 4 more packages of bees in the mail on Wednesday. I’m excited!
@PioneerChicks when will you get yours?
Uh, not sure yet. We're working on that. I think it was in a few weeks???

I'm sure they'll do something! What does the garden have to lose?

Not at all, most likely.
Yea that's pretty much the answer. They can travel 2 miles from the hive to find a bigger and better source (and will) but a few may help. If they get the other bigger tree's and such the other pollinators will find yours easier and better than they did before.

Sounds like you are off to a good start! The sugar water will help them build out comb. Have you seen pollen coming in? That is always a good sign!
Do you mean coming in on the bees? I haven't sat and observed them much yet, but plan to do so soon, maybe this evening. This is our second batch of bees and I hope they don't all-out abandon hive like last year!

Back
Top Bottom