calling all light brahma owners...Update with pictures page 3

annrich

Songster
12 Years
May 27, 2007
Western NY
Hi there. I ordered 5 light brahmas with my chick order. I have never had this breed before. I am however familiar with chicks. 4 out of the 5 are the little yellow fuzzybutts with some greying and now that they are 3 days old with the wing feathers coming they have the white and black coming. ALAS one of the chicks has no grey or black anywere. The feathers coming in are white as snow. So is it still considered a light brahma if ends up with no black on it?

I will post pictures if you need me to. Thanks

Last edited:
Some of them can have a yellowing to their down-just lighter then the darker chicks. I'm not sure about the missing black feathers though...

When Tuffoldhen comes home from her day of shopping she'll be able to give you some info.
smile.png

My newly hatched chicks were mostly yellow, with touches of grey here and there and fuzzy feet. They're now 9 weeks old, with the classic white feathers with black lacing... I've not seen one that's all white, though. Was this a hatchery order?
hu.gif

Ok this first picture is all of them. See the black coming in. and they greying in the feathers
brahmas001.jpg

I think this chick will be all white
brahmas002.jpg

brahmas003.jpg

brahmas004.jpg

brahmas006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom