CALLING ALL MOTORCYCLE DRIVERS - Motorcycle Driving and Etiquette

Quote:
There is a forum here called tampabay sports bikes. Its all people who respect the rules with their sports bike and we went out on rides quite often and everyone always followed the rules. Plus this group in not into horse playing.

I have taken 3 different courses threw the motorcycle foundation as well and am fully endorsed. It is actually mandatory in florida to take the 1 class to get your endorsment. Not all of us that ride sports bike are bad. But the ones that are give us a bad name....
sad.png

Quote:
They are called sports bikes. The other type is cruisers.

Is the cruiser a large "scooter"?
hu.gif
I hear people saying scooter. Is that the correct name? Scooter? What are the big ones with the "bucket/side car" on the side?

You have sports bikes: Seating is generally in a forward position. Wheelbase is short.

Cruisers: Usually Harley style, sort of laid back sitting postion. Good for half day jaunts...Hard on the lower back, because postion forces the spine into a curve.

Road bikes: Designed for long distance travel...Upright seating position, with the legs directly under the hips. Usually a have a full fairing, for wind and weather protection. Also, have built in or removable panniers for luggage.

Of course, there's a number of other types. most of which aren't operated on the highway.

Quote:
Dropped the bike or the phone? Dropping a bike at any speed usually involves the loss of some skin.

dropped the phone. I thought he was going to eat some pavement, but just lost the phone instead. He almost rear-ended the car in front of him because he was staring at his phone. Took me a couple minutes to actually realize what he was doing.

Quote:
Dropped the bike or the phone? Dropping a bike at any speed usually involves the loss of some skin.

dropped the phone. I thought he was going to eat some pavement, but just lost the phone instead. He almost rear-ended the car in front of him because he was staring at his phone. Took me a couple minutes to actually realize what he was doing.

Texting while driving any motor vehicle is now a primary offense in Arkansas; meaning you can be stopped and ticketed for it vs. only being giving a ticket for it if you are stopped for another reason.

Quote:

WOW!!!!
ep.gif

There was one the other day in my area that was in a right turn only lane. As soon as the light turned green he took off and there was the raised white paint on that side of the road showing the end of a lane. He hit it at about 45-50 and started wobbling because he couldnt pass the cars in front of him. His arm hit a sign on the side of the road and then he cut a car off to move over because he was so off balance. I thought he broke something. But he just kept going and took off even faster.

Quote:
Gritty you would love a trike so comfy mine has speakers back there so more missing music, I have had mine all up & down the east coast, enjoy it more everytime I take it out. I rode 2 wheels for years so to me the OP's question is yes incredibly bad bike etiquette, some of them just make cringe when I see that wondering when will they make it to an ER.

There's also stunt riders, both street & track. Most avoid street stunts when other motorists are on the road, and then there's those that don't: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEXD0oQ0BGI&feature=related

All
our family and friends have always had bikes & such. My son is a professional racer & stunt rider. One day while on a dual bike ride across town he watched me almost take a tumble off a HD softail. After he quit laughing he said "Mom, you need to be more careful"...
lol.png

I think there's just rude drivers in every group no matter what they're driving/riding.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Gritty you would love a trike so comfy mine has speakers back there so more missing music, I have had mine all up & down the east coast, enjoy it more everytime I take it out. I rode 2 wheels for years so to me the OP's question is yes incredibly bad bike etiquette, some of them just make cringe when I see that wondering when will they make it to an ER.

The tech that did my EEG yesterday was telling me all about the Bikers, Blues and Barbeque rally they just held in Ft. Smith, AR. She said that she and her husband had a great time. Being an older woman like myself she said it was more enjoyable for her now that her husband modified his superglide into a trike.

If we were to get another bike besides the fatboy DH might be convinced to have a trike, but the fatboy is near and dear to DH's heart for good reason - his mother bought it for him as an early retirement present just a month or so before she passed away from cancer.

Next year we hope to attend both the Bikers, Blues and BBQ and the Hot Springs rally (my favorite), but life got in the way this year and we haven't attended many rallys. DH attended a small local rally last weekend and his bike took second place in a show.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom