Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

I've been translating the standards for Penes and Emps. I have already posted the Black standard and it is in the files section of the pene yahoo group site.
The others are almost complete and hopefully I'll post them by the weekend. Emps will take a little longer since I haven't found as much info (perhaps I haven't looked hard enough)
these are from Sand Hill minus the young rooster I got from Ron. They are active and Hardy. I do not think they will be the best examples but am going to work with what I got. Hoping Rons Rooster is a good example to help. If anything should be another line. Though sadly I do not remember where Ron got his
hide.gif

these are from Sand Hill minus the young rooster I got from Ron. They are active and Hardy. I do not think they will be the best examples but am going to work with what I got. Hoping Rons Rooster is a good example to help. If anything should be another line. Though sadly I do not remember where Ron got his
hide.gif

He came from Florida--some flock that has not been open since 2001 or so.

They were supposed to be good but who knows?

I just put my white Emp pen together yesterday... 2 young Cockerels 3 hens and 1 pullet... i hope the roosters are old enough to breed... they are dancing for the girls but i have not seen and breeding yet... then ill got to hatching like crazy lol... ive hatched a couple white emps from my project rooster(split to white) and my white hens but only a very few... but i have some really nice project birds growing out...

I just put my white Emp pen together yesterday... 2 young Cockerels 3 hens and 1 pullet... i hope the roosters are old enough to breed... they are dancing for the girls but i have not seen and breeding yet... then ill got to hatching like crazy lol... ive hatched a couple white emps from my project rooster(split to white) and my white hens but only a very few... but i have some really nice project birds growing out...
my R-COM came last week and I am hoping for some good hatches as well

This is the Black Pene pullet from Florida--Jason has her brother:

She did not want to stand there--Flying around the living room seemed much more fun....
lau.gif

On cocks it is easily evident by the second month. On pullets it takes almost to adulthood.

I just took a picture of a dozen eggs with an Ancona egg added for reference. They're not all that dark but looking pretty good.

On cocks it is easily evident by the second month. On pullets it takes almost to adulthood.

I just took a picture of a dozen eggs with an Ancona egg added for reference. They're not all that dark but looking pretty good.

Can I post this on the Dark Egg layer and OE thread? Some on there think Marans lay the darkest eggs even though they have very little to no experience with Penedesencas.....

Those are great eggs!

Back
Top Bottom