Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

Pics
Quote:
Yes, I sure am
smile.png
I hatch out at least a few Wheaten & Partridge each week, depending on how many eggs were presold
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, I sure am
smile.png
I hatch out at least a few Wheaten & Partridge each week, depending on how many eggs were presold
smile.png

O.K. Thank you! I will contact you when I am ready.

Quote:
Yes, I sure am
smile.png
smile.png

O.K. Thank you! I will contact you when I am ready.

You bet
smile.png

Quote:
I can take some tomorrow
smile.png
Here is one taken a month or so ago of the Welsummers, while they were begging for treats
smile.png

A few of them have started to lay, some great color, some not great. We'll work on that by only hatching the darkest eggs
wink.png

41991_dscf2018.jpg

I know what you mean, I have four hens for now and half lay about 5-7 on the marans chart
ep.gif
and the rest lay a light terracotta color. I am only hatching the darkest of dark eggs.
Also I just hatched out 5 penedesenca chicks
big_smile.png
1-2 cockerels and the rest pullets. DOUBLE DARN My second hatch and I still hatched mostly pullets.
hit.gif
I am needing more roosters.
D.gif

I have been looking for information about this breed. I know next to nothing. I bought 1 dozen wheaten pen. eggs from Julie Gabbard. Of them 5 hatched out, which I was pleased with for shipped eggs.
The first one hatched and drowned in water, and it had chipmunk stripes on it. The other four were the straight yellow color so the only unique one died
sad.png

They are now about 3 weeks old, and only one has legs that have turned to the greenish color.

My questions are, was the striped one that drowned probably not a wheaten?

The ones whose legs have not turned, will they still?

I am adding a couple pics, hopefully they are good enough.

Thanks!!

45930_dsc00295.jpg

45930_dsc00296.jpg

I'm pretty sure from what I've read on the down colors of them the Wheaten chicks are the yellow ones, the one with the stripes was probably Partridge mix, as far as sexing the Wheaten ones you'll have to wait until they get older to know, leg color I don't know alot about, I do know in Araucanas that the leg color can change up to 4 months. Also does it say anywhere if they are to be a white skinned bird or a yellow skinned bird? I don't think I've saw that when I've been researching, don't know if its different for the different feather colors of them or not, just a question I have. I'm guessing they are white skinned. I have not looked at the Soles of my birds feet to see, just catching them for that alone I don't think I'll mess with, I'll look them over better when I get them moved to a permanent Coop with an enclosed Yard area. Congradulations on your hatch!

Look forward to seeing pictures of them as they grow.

Victoria

Back
Top Bottom