Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Jan 24, 2010.

1. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    Quote:Sure I don't mind. I have no idea how good or close to standard they are but any constructive criticism is also welcomed.

2. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    I just wanted to let every body know that I am selling some of my adult stock. Maybe all of it due to time restrictions. They are all healthy and laying up a storm. Egg auctions are doing great and I love this breed!!! Just have to do it. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  3. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Does anyone have a Wheaton Rooster for sale around the South Ga area? Doesn't have to be wheaton, but I would like him to be. My girls are just now 4 months old are going to be laying soon. I would like one that is a year old or younger.

4. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Anyone near Missouri have Black Penedesencas?
    My pullets just started laying this week.

5. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Wow this thread has died.....

Does anyone have wheaton or partridge eggs for sale, or older chicks in South Ga/North FL???

6. heritagehabitatfarms

heritagehabitatfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2009
    clinton ar
    Quote:how many blacks do you have??? im wanting some... and have had no luck with shiped eggs...

7. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I am looking for Penedesencas, too! I posted elsewhere and got a reply of 2 places to try, but 1 website isn't working, and the other is really far away. I'm in NC. I got hatching eggs from MPC, but only 3 hatched and 1 has feathered legs!!! I'm very very disappointed.

8. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

I am having a very sad day. Last night I had to put down my Crele Pene Roo, Stuart. He must have hurt his back/legs, he was totally paralyzed. I had been washing off his bottom hoping he would pull through but I saw he was getting sicker and not better at all after a full week. Now we have 4 pullets and no Roo. Just so dissapointed. If anyone has a Crele Roo I would love to see if I can arrange getting him.

9. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:I'll bet you are! Sounds like you got some Marans blood in there. I have Pene blood in my Marans!! I am culling most of my Marans flock due to the carnation combs that showed up. [​IMG] Sure wish the early on breeders had culled out these crosses, instead of passing them on as one or the other breed!

10. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Well, I got some more eggs in the incubator. Got them on eBay from J Pool. Saw the name mentioned somewhere on BYC, so I'm hoping that means they're good. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by