Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Jan 24, 2010.

1. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    I have 3 Partridge penes from Welp hatchery ( the other 7 where roos) and 2 of them have small single combs, pale yellow/pink legs and one lays speckled dark brown eggs [​IMG] The other has blue legs, small carnation comb, and hasn't started laying yet. I think they have welsummer blood in them. That's why Im looking for partridge and wheaton penes from a breeder.

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote:how many blacks do you have??? im wanting some... and have had no luck with shiped eggs...

Sorry, I didn't know you replied. I have 3 black cockerels and 7 pullets (another cockerel that turned out partridge).

I also have about 15 chicks and more incubating.

3. eggdd

eggdd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2011
    i just hatched three wheaten penedesencas - - two are a light yellow-ish color and one is a darker light brown/caramel color - - does this have anything to do with sexing?

4. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

i had one from mypetchicken.com

Cockrel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  5. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Is there a breeder on that could make a breed page for Penes? I only have 3, and they are hatchery quality.

Also, does anyone have crele, wheaton, or partridge penes that would sell some eggs in about a month(after my cayuga eggs hatch) if their hens are laying? Maybe to set Jan 24 for a Valentines hatch?

6. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    I am wanting to find some production quality Penedesencas, wheaton, crele, and/ or partidge. I am most interested in the white earlobes and dark eggs. I am located near San Antonio, TX and willing to pay shipping on chicks, possibly a nice trio or quad young birds. I will also be making a road trip from TX to SC later this summer (AUG) so I could arrange pick up along that route and prepay a reputable breeder to hold some birds for me, if that might be possible.

Thank you.

7. Oldhound

Oldhound Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    South Carolina
  8. farmerChef

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Does anyone on BYC have Black or Crele hatching eggs??

9. MARANSFAN

MARANSFAN New Egg

May 23, 2011
    I am interested in purchasing Black Pendesenca chicks or hatching eggs. Can pick up in NW Ohio region. Will pay shipping if needed. :)

10. lolita117

lolita117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Hestand, KY
    I have a bird that I think might be a Partridge Penedesenca. Could anybody help me out? I posted a thread with her pictures on it, but I'm just getting replies like muffless/beardless EE. She came from a hatchery and didn't match the EE's I got with the same order. The first pic is of her a couple of days old and the next few are her at 7 weeks old.
    I hope someone can help me out. (I know she is still young and still has some more feather development to go through, but I figure anybody who has this breed would be able to tell even that 7 weeks)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by