Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

Pics
I have Crele Penedesenca (7 hens and 2 roos and some youngsters and a few chicks) and

Black Penedesenca (a trio of adults, a spare roo (just lost his wife to fox), some youngsters and chicks) and

Wheaton Penedesenca (2 trios of young birds) and

White Empordanesa (a roo with 5 hens, 7-8 pullets and 2 or 3 cockerels and some chicks).

I have a trio of Partridge Penedesenca but I loaned the roo to one fellow breeder who had 5 pullets with no roo, I get him back at the end of summer and I loaned the 2 pullets to another fellow breeder for the summer.

I am glad that Elias is trying to get the group together. I love the breed and try to share all I can while still maintaining a viable flock for myself.

I would vote to name the club Penedesenca Club to be more narrowly focused. The White Empordanesa seems very much like the black penedesenca so I would not be opposed to gaining recognition as White Penedesenca...just talking here.

I don't sell hatching eggs unless someone wants to pick them up. I find that my hatch is AWFUL from hatching eggs that are shipped so I prefer to hatch all my eggs and share live birds. It is expensive to ship live birds but in the long run I think more birds are raised. When we have an abundance of Penedesenca running around, I would be more inclined to "waste" eggs in shipping.

Last edited:
We're all hoping Elias gets hold of the APA to find out what their view is. That Information will be helpful so that we know what their preferance is for the Penedesencas and the Empordanesas, we may have to go with two separate Clubs for them. At least the Wheels are in Motion, and we can find out what needs to be done and make a Plan to get it accomplished.

Really do appreciate your Input LuAnn.

Victoria

Just knowing where everyone is and what they have is helpful. I hope we can trade around at shows to keep the birds healthy and bred to the standard. I show other breeds but hope to start showing my Crele Penedesencas this fall. I only show in North Carolina and South Carolina but would do more if needed to get our breed recognized.

Most APA Judges From what I have found, have heard little to nothing on Penedesenca.
idunno.gif

If they have heard somthing most of the have not seen them. This is just from what In From I have found and heard so far.

It will take from what I understand at least 50 fowl at Nationals and show pens of breeding sets, cockerels, pullets, hens, cocks.

The Penedesencas are still far from recognition,
sad.png
There are still not enough of them, and if there were enough penedesencas, it means the APA has to learn new standards, & Breeders have to all agree on the standards.
( Thats they easy part most of our Penedesencas pretty much look the same, & are bred to the same standards .) All of our fowl must look alike as far as type and feather patterns.
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

They have to be show consistantly over they years for the APA to even consider them being put into the standards, They need reconition, so the 1st thing you can do to help is, to try and she Some of your Penedesenca at a Poultry show. It will take the combind efforts & cooperation from all of us to get this Done.
smack.gif
lol.png

IT WILL BE A HUGE WORK IN PROGRESS,
hit.gif
AND WILL TAKE YEARS OF WORK,
old.gif
It's a challenge not many are willing to take on.
he.gif

As for Myself I will do what I can, To help. I am exhibiting a few of my blacks soon.

We Will see what the judges think of them in 2 weeks.
fl.gif
but chances are high that they have never seen or heard of them. Once they see them they are either going to
ep.gif
droolin.gif
or
idunno.gif
hu.gif

I went to my first poultry show a few weeks ago and would love to learn more about showing.
My husband got excited and wants me to show my Royal Plam and While Holland turkeys.

Right now I don't have very many Penedesencas
I hatched two fairly nice pairs last summer
I am working on improving my bird's confirmation and I'd love to show them if I can get them right

Here's what I have and from whom:

A pair of Wheatens, roo from J Pool and hen from JK Gabbard

A pair of Partridges, both from J Pool
A young one month old pair of Partridges from L Penny, by way of Rodney Reeves.

I just had 2 partridge chicks hatch and am looking forward to see how thier confirmation is when they mature.
My Wheaten just started laying and I'll put some of her eggs in the incubator in a couple of weeks.

I'll keep you posted as to how my chicks mature.

I'd love to trade around with others who have birds from other lines.

Good luck to everyone with their hatches

Definately a Good Attitude Elias, as the APA is who we will need to Satisfy, please keep us all informed of pertinent Information, including the Other Clubs Members, as all Input is Welcome. Changing the Name isn't an Issue, as we are just Brainstorming at this Point. At least we all agree that we do want to do something Positive for the Breed and its Preservation.

Victoria

Back
Top Bottom