Calling All Rabbit Nutters

Just got bunnies this year myself.
No they don’t smell as long as you kee the litter box cleaned every few days. The biggest mess I’ve had w them is the parties they throw at night; they might spill their pellets. They also flip their houses. Lol

We use corner litter boxes for rabbits & use the Tractor supply pine pellets (or Rural king) for litter so we can compost it.

Others with more experience I’m sure can help more.
I clean it twice a day.

PXL_20220526_233055251.jpg

My rabbits are for breeding and also to keep as pets. Our set up is outside. I know some agree and some don’t agree with them being outside. But beyond that, I’m considering bringing one to live inside. I blame Pinterest and Treb @Kiki with all their cute set ups indoors. Plus, the babies who have to come inside to play and cuddle every night!! My questions…are they messy, like when it comes to a litter box (like kicking or digging stuff out) And what’s the best thing to use to not smell the litter box? I should add, we are not indoor pet people. Mostly because of allergies but the bunnies don’t seem to bother those with allergies. At least yet. Ok, this thought of bringing one inside is a huge maybe! But tell me your experiences…
The hay can become a bit messy, but a nice big litter box with high enough sides helps. Large cat litter boxes work great for this.
Pelleted pine litter seems to be the best option for controlling orders, which should be nonexistent if it's cleaned regularly.

Many people have allergies to Timothy hay, so if you find that allergies do become an issue, I recommend trying Orchard grass instead. Weekly grooming will also help to keep hair from getting everywhere.

I would use something like this for an enclosure.
1653620195188.png

https://www.amazon.com/PINVNBY-Playpen-Portable-Hedgehogs-Outdoor/dp/B07Y1XRLQR/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=34L2YH7Y83H1W&keywords=clear+plastic+nic+grid&qid=1653620097&sprefix=clear+plastic+nic+grids,aps,115&sr=8-5
I personally like the visibility of this, and it looks nice too. Large wire dog pens or NIC grids work just as well.

Once the rabbit has settled in to its new area, and has gotten the hang of litter training, you should definitely try free roaming. The rabbit will get lots of needed exercise this way, and it will be mentally enriching. Just be sure to bunny proof!

I'm sure your rabbits will love being indoors and getting to bond with yall.

Back
Top Bottom