Calling All Rabbit Nutters

Should you what?
45DADE82-1715-49BB-AC79-E38B7F522021.jpeg

She is four days old today. Mom is not taking care of it. We have held the mom so it can nurse on mom but it still didn’t seem to be getting enough. Last night I gave it a small amount of kitten replacer after it nursed on the mom. I plan on trying to just hold the mom for nursing each time and supplementing kitten replacer.
At that age they also need the stimulation to eliminate waste following feeding
@Overo Mare may be able to give advice
Is this a first-time mom?

At that age they also need the stimulation to eliminate waste following feeding
@Overo Mare may be able to give advice
Is this a first-time mom?
Correct. They have to be stimulated to pee and poop after every feeding. It may take what seems like forever for them to poop, but do not skip 2 feedings without poop. I feed every 2-3 hours for the first 4 weeks. Then about every 3-4 hours. Then around 5 weeks I start adding in weaning food. By 6 weeks they are on kitten food. They typically let you know when they're hungry.

If mom isn't already fixed, that needs to happen.

Yes I did stimulate also. She was a first time mom and unfortunately the baby is gone today 😢 I didn’t have high hopes of it making it.
Usually if a momma gives up on their baby things won't end good. 😩. Hopefully she does better next time.

Yes I did stimulate also. She was a first time mom and unfortunately the baby is gone today 😢 I didn’t have high hopes of it making it.
Are you sure who got the momma pregnant?
I'd be curious to know if the same parking does better next time or not.

Back
Top Bottom