Calling All Rabbit Nutters

Aww, i wished you were local to! And thank you, they are super cute!

For sure! 😂 we have already talked to vets about spaying. We have seperated the buck, but they are together a few hours after she kindled so it is quite possible she is pregnant again 😅 they do breed so fast! Would you recommend fixing my buck, or doe?
Ahh, thats true!
I'd say doe, of course you could do both if you wanted, but does really do benefit health and behaviour wise from being spayed. I need to make Bonnie's appointment soon!

Edited to add: doing both is ideal, especially as it will calm the buck's hormones. I had a neutered pair, buck and doe, and after spay they were both much calmer, less mounting and pestering

Ahh, thats true!
I'd say doe, of course you could do both if you wanted, but does really do benefit health and behaviour wise from being spayed. I need to make Bonnie's appointment soon!

Edited to add: doing both is ideal, especially as it will calm the buck's hormones. I had a neutered pair, buck and doe, and after spay they were both much calmer, less mounting and pestering
Thank you so much for your help! I would love to fix both, but for 500 dollars per rabbit, I’m just not sure I could afford both unfortunately.

Thank you so much for your help! I would love to fix both, but for 500 dollars per rabbit, I’m just not sure I could afford both unfortunately.
I would probably get the buck fixed first. It can take up to six weeks for him to become totally sterile after the procedure though, so keep that in mind.

Bucks, especially young ones at around 6 months, tend to spray. They also like to hump things, which can make things difficult when bonding rabbits. Neutering is also cheaper than spaying at most vets.

Does however do tend to develop ovarian or uterine cancer, unfortunately. They are at risk from 2 years+. So fixing them at a young age will completely eliminate that risk.

Are there any rabbit rescues around? I would contact them and ask where they get their rabbits fixed.

I would probably get the buck fixed first. It can take up to six weeks for him to become totally sterile after the procedure though, so keep that in mind.

Bucks, especially young ones at around 6 months, tend to spray. They also like to hump things, which can make things difficult when bonding rabbits. Neutering is also cheaper than spaying at most vets.

Does however do tend to develop ovarian or uterine cancer, unfortunately. They are at risk from 2 years+. So fixing them at a young age will completely eliminate that risk.

Are there any rabbit rescues around? I would contact them and ask where they get their rabbits fixed.
Thank you so much for the help! I will definitely look for some rabbit rescues and ask. Thanks again!

Pictures from yesterday
PXL_20230114_223740077.MP.jpg
PXL_20230114_223903115.jpg
PXL_20230114_224004916.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230114_223858787.jpg
    PXL_20230114_223858787.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom