Calling all rare chicken breeders!

Chicken0Boy

Songster
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
Upstate of South Carolina
I have looked around, and can't seem to find these birds anywere for sale. Is one of the breeds easier to find/buy than the other? I would love to start breeding some not for the eggs (Eggs are just a bonus to me), but for quality and to honor the standard!
big_smile.png
I live around Anderson, South Carolina if it helps. Heres the list...

Blue Hen of Delaware

Lemon Blue Cochins

Cuckoo Silkies (I understand this is just a mutt, but to me it beautiful)

Russian Orloffs

Thanks to all you fellow breeders!
smile.png

There was just an auction up for lemon blue cochin eggs the other dsy...check the archives.
wink.png

eta: nevermind, it's still there...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=443629

And Heather at Rare Feathers Farm on here has the Orloffs

A quick search found that swheat on here has cuckoo silkies

....you looked, you say? really?

eta, again...and lastly, Bec on here has the Delaware blue hens you are looking for. Done.
wink.png

Last edited:
They all have them, but they ethier are sold out, aren't selling, or something else... (beside lemon blu cohcins)
roll.png
Just my luck. Anybody else? Oh, and btw I don't want them now, but more for the furture. I know I want them, but first I have to get them an area that is prepared!
big_smile.png

I got Orloffs from Welp (via Privett) last August and was relatively happy with the results. Not the best ever, but it's something to start with. The more you order the better your selection for breeders will be.

gig.gif

Quote:
Thank you for making me feel uterly stupid!
wink.png
I sware I looked, but I couldn't find anything lol!
big_smile.png
Thank you anyway for the help... hahaha

LOL No worries!!
gig.gif

I'll have Orloffs in both spangled and mahogany in maybe a couple of years. I have three different strains, but am not selling any until I can get some faults worked out.

RareFeathers here on BYC I know has some nice ones, not sure if she's selling any this year, but wouldn't hurt to contact her and find out. I've only heard nice things about her and her birds.

You can order them from Welp, but it's sort of a crap shoot on what you get.

Can't help on the other breeds.

I know Sassy Silkies in PA used to have cuckoo silkies. Not sure if she still does, but I would look her up. Her name is Jen.

Back
Top Bottom