calling all silkie owners....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 1sttimer, Jul 23, 2010.

1. 1sttimer

1sttimer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  2. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Good Morning 1sttimer....I checked out both of the CL ads....not the best pictures....neither group is very impressive. But if you MUST have Silkies right now, I'd probably go with the trio of whites in the first ad.

Personally, I think you'd be better of to wait until the Fall shows in your area, and buy directly from a breeder. Then again, it depends on whether you want the Silkies for show, or pets.

Good luck

3. kingdr85

kingdr85 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Madison-Columbus WI
    Do It!

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I wouldn't. They aren't very pretty.
    I'd rather have more fluff for my $.

5. 1sttimer

Feb 15, 2010
    yea thats what i thought, more fluff, but i dont think im going to show, i live in a small town and im in the 1st generation of the "new" family and we dont have a real farm so, im not a real farm girl, like other girls my age whos families have been there for 50 plus years. so if i get them they would be pets. but thanks you guys are amazing.

6. Kyfila

Kyfila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    georgetown, ky
    [​IMG]
    I have to say those aren't the best looking silkies I've ever seen.

I bought my silkies and had them shipped from Indigo egg and she has the BEST silkies you have ever seen! She is more

expensive than the ones your looking at but she also has great high quality birds! You don't have to buy 25 either she sent me

5 plus some extras! A wonderful lady to deal with and some fabulous birds! 'Indigo egg' she is down in Florida I think.

My birds came already 2 or 3 weeks old and in great shape!

There is also a place I bought some eggs from who might ship birds BoggyBottomBantams try them too they have some real neat colors.

Good Luck!

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I'd go for it! They look nice enough for silkies. I'm not saying they're SQ but they don't look so bad! GO FOR IT!

8. silky ma

silky ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Not the best id pass! I like getting eggs off of ebay from a few choice breeders. I always get the most beautiful chicks that way and keep my genetics strong. Some great silkies can be had from ....

www.windchyme.com
    Amber Waves Show Silkies
    www.feathersite.com
    blessingridgefarm.com
    whispersfarm.net
    cacklehatchery.com

9. 1sttimer

Feb 15, 2010
    ok i will look into indigo eggs chicks, does she send them live or eggs or both??

10. 1sttimer

Feb 15, 2010
    i cant find either of them. it would be great if any sent live ones [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by