Calling all turkey colour experts.... Blue narangasett?? (Pics)

well no i'm not too sure at all LOL, here in Oz we don't seem to have much variety like you guys do, and I haven't seen any other turkeys the colour of the hen in the pic above, so would you say it's more royal palm? I looked at some on feathersite and they looked whiter with bolder markings
idunno.gif

Quite the mix of critters there! I have to agree, the mom looks like a slate and dad looks more like a calico to me... I think he has some Royal Palm in his background. Your poult really is beautiful and I would love to see what it looks like when it matures but it isn't a Narragansett. So I would still say that you hit the jackpot
big_smile.png

Yes its like a petting zoo. I think its really neat u have such a mix of animals and they r all so pretty and in so many shapes and colors. My 5 year old son would love to have the run of your yard while the animals r out.

Quote:
Ah calico hey
caf.gif
do you know if calico poults hatch yellow with some speckles down the back? As all this colour hatch this way, might narrow down what they really are.

Quote:
Well thankyou
smile.png
I love having everything free roaming together..... it's 45 acres so plenty of room, some people don't like to mix all types of fowl due to disease and/or fighting but I have rarely run into any trouble (only fighting). Had one gobbler who was just plain nasty, so needless to say he is now gone.

Back
Top Bottom