Calling all veterans and family members. Allies too.

Cool! I always feel like a dork for being into it, but I love finding new clues and documents linking everyone together. I hardly think there are many people in America that I'm not related to.
lol.png

I found one line that went back to France in 1200 and the other went back to England in 1000. It freaked me out. And then to find I have all these ties to the Mayflower and Jamestown and presidents and a bunch of famous people.... it was a little too much at first. I felt like my soul was not my own
lol.png

I served in the Navy on the Submarine USS Sunfish from 1985-1989. Although it was not a time of war we did some covert operations on Russia during the cold war which in turn allowed me to join the local VFW. I tore up my right leg while I was in and have recently become a partially disabled veteran.

198132.jpg

I'm on the left, standing topside watch in Puerto Rico in '87

sunfish24.jpg

sunfish26.jpg

The USS Sunfish was decommissioned in 1996.
Peace,
Dave

Last edited:
Hey BYC'ers, we are hobnobbing with America's elite! hee heee hee.
I too love to hear about familly history. Its such an amazing thing.
We had seen greatness (or in some families, schmut) in a person, yet we oft forget that these are lines of blood- kinda like royalty or well, like our chickens, ha ha.
We found recently that Abraham Lincolns grandmother was in line with part of my family. Then to hear that Tom Hanks is also in that same family! Not that I'll ever be able to sit down with Tom Hanks- lol....ha haha, but its still cool!
A friends hubby was horrified and embarised about a "horse theif" as a family memeber.
Get up and above that, we have to read it like a book, detached as these were not choices we could make, take it with a grain of salt, have fun and listen to the stories!
Thanks all for sharing your family lines!!!

It never ceases to amaze me, that those that come from North of the Mason- Dixon line always call"it" the "Civil War?" There wasn't a thing civil about any of it! Here in the Deep South... "it" was the war between the states; a difference of opinion that got blown out of proportion by a bunch of politicians! OK off the soapbox.

I served 1971-1995; 8 years US Army, 16 + years USAF; retiring as an E-7.

I was all over the big blue marble. I was a combat engineer in the army. In the USAF, I was in special operations, RED HORSE, PRIME BEEF and BRAA also I did SART. After a combat related injury caused me to lose my left leg and my pelvis and back were broken, I had to retire. I was the only one, in my family- of my generation, with 3 siblings and 19 1st cousins, to have served in the US military. My siblings tell that I was a fool and why should their taxes pay for my VA compensation? Am I bitter? It's not worth bothering with them...haven't seen them in over a decade.
I have no regrets...would do it all over again given the choice!

USAF 1990-98 Desert Storm MP/K-9

Father: US Army 1965-69 Viet Nam 1st Inf

Grandfather: WWII Warrant Officer Bombadier (sp)

2xGreat Grandfather: Civil War, Confederates

I know Great-Grandpa did something military, but can't remember atm.

To all the others, Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom