calling any one from missouri

I've had them in the brooders inside my living room and then the kitchen for over 2 months. They should have gone out to the coop long ago, but since the older chickens would probably kill them I had to build a cage in the coop until they get accepted. And I really have doubts that they will take to all of the boys.

Probably going to end up eating most of them, if not all. :) I just don't have enough females to keep them all happy.

So, if I understand what you're saying, because of the dander, etc. on your property you couldn't start fresh with a new flock?

I'm on the main highway and often find large white feathers along the edge of the property. Not sure if it's a turkey or chicken truck. Hopefully they aren't carrying and diseased birds.

I've seen several postings for Muscovy ducks on Craigslist (Jeff City) -- looks like multiple locations all over Missouri and Illinois.
Thanks! I found someone in Marshall, MO that had some and I brought her home. She's the brown one and was born late fall. Lulu was so happy to see one of her own kind
140851999.jpg

We went to Cackle Hatchery today. The roads were clear (except our dirt road) but we saw along I-44 at least 6 vehicles that must have gone off the road in yesterday's snowstorm and not yet been removed. There was a crane lifting up a tipped over tractor trailer that had taken out a length of guardrail.
So here I am at Cackle where I found they gave me 5 instead of four chicks:
at cacklejpg.jpg at cackle2.jpg
The building is huge and you can't really see much thru the viewing windows. And it actually did NOT smell like chickens in there. But the season is just starting....
behind the window.JPG

All chicks were hungry and thirsty and figured out within minutes of getting home how to eat and drink...some have tiny wing feathers which leads me to think they are already a couple days old. I feel bad for the ones that got shipped today. Well maybe they give the early hatched to the pick up orders.

Last edited:
Thanks! I found someone in Marshall, MO that had some and I brought her home. She's the brown one and was born late fall. Lulu was so happy to see one of her own kindView attachment 1256257
:love
We went to Cackle Hatchery today. The roads were clear (except our dirt road) but we saw along I-44 at least 6 vehicles that must have gone off the road in yesterday's snowstorm and not yet been removed. There was a crane lifting up a tipped over tractor trailer that had taken out a length of guardrail.
View attachment 1256567 View attachment 1256568
The building is huge and you can't really see much thru the viewing windows. And it actually did NOT smell like chickens in there. But the season is just starting....
View attachment 1256569
All chicks were hungry and thirsty and figured out within minutes of getting home how to eat and drink...some have tiny wing feathers which leads me to think they are already a couple days old. I feel bad for the ones that got shipped today. Well maybe they give the early hatched to the pick up orders.
I heard there was a really bad pile up last night on 44:(

Glad you made it safe and sound with your chics!

We went to Cackle Hatchery today. So here I am at Cackle where I found they gave me 5 instead of four chicks:

When I got my RIR's from Cackle they sent an extra one so I ended up with 9. Looks clean in there, thanks for the photos.

I'm still toying with that silly idea that I want to get 3 Cinnamon Queens...

JT

View attachment 1256567 View attachment 1256568
View attachment 1256569
They look great! What town is the hatchery located? It looks close enough for me to drive!

Back
Top Bottom