calling any one from missouri

They hold the poultry swap first Sat. of every month. So next one will be April 1. I didn't make it yesterday either but when I have gone, it was well attended. BTW, if any of you happen to go to this swap, it's also worth stopping at the Webb City Farmers' Market just north of Joplin. It's a year round market and producers only, which is remarkable. Good sized. Always busy. Veggie vendors all have greenhouses and grow year round, so they have tomatoes, peppers in addition to all the cold weather veggies. There are also vendors with meat, eggs, dairy, baked goods etc. The egg people are always glad to talk chickens with you.....

Welcome to the forum and to BYC SnipeEasyC.
Thanks Sue, this is fantastic news. I cant wait to go now. Do they have a facebook page? How did you get that flyer? As to the farmers market, I am excited to hear this also. We have some local marhes here in KC. Some good, some not so good. But always big $$$ for the goods.

Thanks Sue, this is fantastic news. I cant wait to go now. Do they have a facebook page? How did you get that flyer? As to the farmers market, I am excited to hear this also. We have some local marhes here in KC. Some good, some not so good. But always big $$$ for the goods.

Facebook page for Turkey Creek Feed that holds the poultry swap: https://www.facebook.com/turkeycreekfeed/
Facebook page for Webb City Farmers Market: https://www.facebook.com/WebbCityFarmersMarket/

STL I'm a transplant from the east coast my birds are inside, I couldn't begin to imagine the fortress I'd have to build my chickens to stand up to this Missouri wind. Weather here really means business. I am so scared of the extreme wind here I don't even sleep most stormy nights.

STL I'm a transplant from the east coast my birds are inside, I couldn't begin to imagine the fortress I'd have to build my chickens to stand up to this Missouri wind. Weather here really means business. I am so scared of the extreme wind here I don't even sleep most stormy nights.
:welcome Check out what ChickenCanoe has since he is right there.

Well, I'm guessing you didn't sleep much last night! 60 miles per hour up here in Central MO!

I'm thinking of growing my own Thanksgiving turkey(s) this year. But I've never had turkeys before, my coworker says his solitary tom got along with his chickens just fine. Is it hard to do? And does anyone have any eggs they would be interested in selling me? I only want to do a couple at most, and I don't think the hatchery will only sell me two. Have an incubator.

I hope you made it thru safely last night, that goes for all of you. We had small hail, no damage, in our part of Barton County. chycknFun, yes you may have to build a fortress. The chickens themselves getused to the wind.

Back
Top Bottom