calling any one from missouri

Used to have a Chihuahua pom mix who weighed 7 pounds and was fluff. Yup smaller than chickens. Without the fluff I would be concerned as well-- they are usually pretty feisty pups though.

I put a board up covering most about 3/4 of the window on the west. The coop should still have plenty of ventilation as it isn't supposed to get insanely hot this week.

The chicks are in the coop tonight! YAY! I moved them about 4pm after the rain quit and I finished blocking the nest box hole. They seem to be liking the space but in the dark are all huddled in a corner. It's warmer outside than indoors so it's not due to cold.

The photos from Texas look awful, so much flooding.

Yay! Sounds like you are making great progress. They should be fine temp wise. It was fairly warm here today.

Mine huddled together for the longest. When I finally put the roosts up that changed. They still all pile together for nap time when out in the yard. Not sure how that will go now that they are cooped up. Many of them spent the day inside on the roosts because I was out there making lots of racket.

SW MO peeps!! This weekend is the not to be missed Chicken Pageant as part of Gem City Days, in Diamond Mo. It's a delightful festival in a delightful small town, and the pageant is a lot fun. Kids (mostly) dress up their chickens in costumes and compete for prizes. I will be there taking pics. Hope you can come too!
gem city days.png

We are going to be taking our son to a concert at the sprint center in kc on the 22nd of September . We will have a few hours to kill and we are wanting to bring back some fertilized eggs. If you have something please let me know. we always are looking for silkie, brahma, ameraucana, Marans and ?????
Scott

Back
Top Bottom