calling any one from missouri

Another newbe from Fenton. Just checking in! Looking rumpless bantams, Anybody? I live in a subdivision and cant keep. I just get eggs any where I can and hatch them out.

Don

welcome-byc.gif
--------------- donatkin
frow.gif

I was just wondering if any of you are good at guessing breeds? I have a hatchery chick (from MM) that I got at a feed store from an assorted pullet bin, and I have no idea what she is! She's got all black features, except her skin is white or yellow, and some of her feathers have copper/brown in them. Her beak, feet, and comb are all black as well! I'm just at a loss. I guess it could just be a hatchery experiment? She's very sweet and gentle...

Little Georgette: around 5 weeks today.

81629_pic_0266.jpg

81629_pic_0270.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I'm gone for a few days and everyone comes out to
chat in Missouri.
Well, great news for us. We closed on our house on Friday the 13th. LOL
We now own 3 acres with a 2448 sq ft 1935 Dutch Colonial and a detached
3 car garage in Livingston county. NO more house payments for us! YAY!!!!!

Now all we have to do is move all this stuff from Texas to the new house,
set up 4 new chicken runs and coops for my lavender, buff, and black Silkies,
and for whatever we get for just egg production for ourselves. LOL< and
mow 3 acres that has been let overgrow for over 6 months now!

Modern technology is great. Internet has been down for 4 days. Had to get my techie genius son to get us up and going. Turns out we needed a new modem. Maybe it will work consistently now.

Teddi- I agree about picking what you like. Although I could never narrow it down to two breeds, I do want to narrow down to only our favorite birds. I did sell my phoenix pair and still want to sell or give away at this point, my two roos I got from you. But by winter, it will only be our absolute favorites, especially if feed prices stay high. My husband made a comment about the roosters crowing when we had the windows open this week. They may be bantams but when you get 10 crowing, there is no way to be quiet. Not to mention, no one needs that many roosters. After the fair, we will ahve to make some tough choices.

What happened to the weather this week? I work in a school with no AC so all week I sweated and came home to the AC, then this weekend we had to click on the heat. Ridiculous.

Had to add another bail of straw to outdoor pen. Chckens were walking in muck. We had 4 inches of rain Friday so no way to keep them in the dry. But my garden is happy.

Quote:
Congrats on the house!!!
Even though I was born in MO and DH raised in Tulsa, we lived in NJ for a good portion of our lives. Married and raised children there. Moved here to MO in 2005 to 40 acres! And like you no house payments!
Hope you enjoy your new life!
Dale-Ann

This weather has been nuts. My light bill is going higher due to heat lamps! LOL! We put two out for the outside chicks, they range from 4-9 weeks. Looking forward to 70 degree days!
We live in Southwest MO, outside Stockton, been here for over 12 years now.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom