Calling AQHA People - Tear This Mare Apart

I agree with aguiedranch,your mare is very nice,but there isnt anything wrong with the other mare for what you want her for,and pretty doesnt make a good riding horse.The way I look at is if you think you are losing money how much is a broken leg or broken neck or broken child going to cost you? the big time working cow horses are not the huge tank people think all QH should be,most are running 14-14.2 and built very much like the roan mare,around here the roan would sell for more then yours,green mares arent bringing anything no matter how pretty or how well bred,you could always try the mare for a day ride,like 5-10 miles and see if you like her and go from there,who knows,she may be the perfect fit.

Shoulder is too upright, front legs too far under her body, pasterns weak. cow hocked
Good for back yard riding/trail. But uncomfortable to ride long distance and prone to lameness issues front and behind.
Bloodlines dont mean anything anymore IMHO. Just names on paper.

Your mare is pretty. Get some hours on her and keep her if ya can

Gee, Kate, Sabre is so gorgeous, it's a shame she can be witchy. I haven't had horseflesh for umpteen years, so I cant say much about the horse you're considering, but the Jag vs Ford comparison seems appropo from that pic I see. Still, I know why you're considering it, but I would no way do a partial trade for that horse. JMO

I know it's a moot point by now, but just wanted to say my bit. I know the roan is plain with a generous helping of conformation faults, but I imagine she could pack you around at a leisurely pace for years to come, except! along with her weak pasterns, it looks like her front heels are underslung and the whole back of her hooves are weak. IF a shoer can fix it, it will take forever to fix, and if you let her feet go for any period of time they will just schlump back to underslung, and I owned a horse like that, NEVER, EVER again will I toss one single flake of hay to a horse with underslung heels. End of message! (okay Patty, don't hold back, just tell 'em what you are feeling...)

Back
Top Bottom