Calls and Cayugas 2020

Pics
While your here... You wanna try and tell me what this one is?
View attachment 2174236

Chocolate bibbed, perhaps :)

They never got them. From what I understand, that's a disqualification for show, but not crazy abnormal? All their male offspring had neck rings, as did the drakes they came from. So weird.

Sounds an awful lot like Dusky to me. Unless mom was also dusky or carrying dusky, then you would never get any Dusky babies. But the babies would be split for it themselves.

Is he dusky? Seems to be lacking the throat ring and much of the claret breast.

Maybe Restricted Mallard? It's hard to say. If the drake is dusky, it wouldn't be coming from him, because it's at the same locus as Dusky. But, it IS a dominant gene, so one copy is all it takes, so it could come from the female. In adults though, all it really does is add some white in the wing fronts and wing bows. You can look at a Silver Appleyard to compare. Ignore the lighter color they have, that's caused by Light Phase, but if you look at the wings you'll see the extra white.

Post pictures for me as they feather in, haha. Now I'm curious.
Will do! I've got all sorts of weird colors coming out this year. Like these things. Dad is white covering who knows what, and the mum is this beauty.
20200224_135359.jpg
20200524_154427.jpg
20200524_154502.jpg

Chocolate bibbed, perhaps :)

Sounds an awful lot like Dusky to me. Unless mom was also dusky or carrying dusky, then you would never get any Dusky babies. But the babies would be split for it themselves.
Thanks for your expertise! Much appreciated. Give me something to research.

Back
Top Bottom