Camera - Finally got it! Pic on page 5

Quote:
Luckily I don't have too many expenses to worry about since I'm still living at home and going to college. I'm also going to college on a full scholarship so I shouldn't have too many loans at all when I graduate. The "emergency fund" is what had me on the fence for awhile though. I need about $300 for my semester spendings, but when all is said and done I will still have plenty of money even before my next paycheck. I'm a real saver so it works out to my benefit most of the time! I just hate, hate, hate spending money, even when I have plenty in the bank. I'm one of those types who needs to have a large sum of money in the bank to feel "safe"!

Thanks for the advice all and lovely pictures. I really enjoy looking at them all.

Phew...My heart is racing a million miles a second. I just placed my order with amazon! I ordered the camera and two lenses. I was pleasantly surprised to find out I wasn't charged tax or shipping! I should have my camera within 5-8 days, but Amazon is usually even faster than that.

This weekend I'm going with my uncle to pick up a memory card and hopefully some UV filters. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Wish me luck that I get a good copy of both lenses and everything goes well in shipping!

I don't know if anyone wants advice, but here goes. I always kept my slr and camera equipment in............a diaper bag, as babyish as you can get on designs. My thought is camera bag means broadcasting to everyone that you most likely have an expensive camera there. Diaper bag, well, what's in a diaper bag?

I hope you dont mind if i post a pic i took last night. It seemed like a great place where it might get appreciated.
I was shocked at how awesome it came out, and at the fact that these waxwings are nesting in MY yard
celebrate.gif

DSC_0011.jpg

ETA: awesome idea about the diaper bag
smile.png

Last edited:
LOL! Seminole...that's an AWESOME idea. And probably MUCH cheaper than a regular camera bag! Although, some people might give me funny looks carrying around a diaper bag without any kids! Maybe I need to get myself a little dog and say the bag is for that! LOL

Lurky...Love the pic! What kind of camera/lens combo did you use for that shot? Sky shots like that are difficult to get because I always find that my subject gets lost in the background. I know we have waxwings around here, but I haven't seen any yet this year!

I had a little scare today with my order at amazon because they sent an email saying my debit card could not be used, but that I could retry payment. I have a feeling that even though the lady at the bank told me that the money transferred would be available immediately, it actually wasn't put into the account until today. The same thing happened to me when I ordered my mom's mother's day gift but I thought that was because I used the ATM. So hopefully the payment actually goes through this time!

I have the Nikon D5000 and i used the 200 zoom lens on that one. I like the colors it captures. Here are a few more you might like. You must be so excited for yours.
All the credit goes to my camera, i have NO idea what i am doing, its point and shoot here.

paint008.jpg

d5000010-1.jpg

003-6.jpg

Awesome pictures! Ya gotta give yourself some credit though! I love the angle of the lily picture.

I'm hoping through the new camera I'll be able to learn more about f stops, apertures, and shutter speeds and how they relate to one another. I took a photography class in college, but the class went by way too quick and I felt like I still needed practice to learn those skills!

Looks like my payment finally went through so I should get my camera by either the end of this week or beginning of next!

The lily picture is straight on. They are so huge, they hang down. I wanted to learn more about all that stuff too, but it does so well on its own, i dont HAVE to LOL.
I get very confused by all that stuff. I hope you get your camera for the weekend
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom