Lovemylilcluckers

Songster
6 Years
Jul 23, 2017
Wenatchee WA
We have lost 25 chickens from the same dog and 6 other neighbors have lost bunnies/ducks/chickens (all together 50+ animals). We are catching the dog in the act or right as the end. Animal control is helping but it’s a slow process. The dog is deemed potentially dangerous and not allowed to leave the property but owners are laughing and telling people animal control can’t do anything without photos. I have game cameras and have caught the dog on camera pouncing/running IN the run but since my camera didn’t show the actual murder they couldn’t count that as a strike. 3 days ago he got two neighbors birds and both caught IN the fenced yard chasing birds/running around dead chickens but did not see the murdering of chickens so “it doesn’t count”. What do you guys use for cameras to actually get dogs in the act? Anything that can run on solar (I want like 6-8 cameras).

*updated: kind of hoping for a non-game camera since I want so many of them and would like to review footage regularly without having to take SD cards out and stuff. Any with an App/cloud?

Last edited:
Well I have purchased a couple of the cheep ones of amazon and they did work good for a while. One quit after a year and the other errored out before 2 years.
I still use one of the first Brownell's I bought 7 years ago.
You can now purchase wifi cameras that connect to your smart phone and notify you when something is happening. And show you!
Also solor powered cameras are avaliable.

A bullet would be cheaper, done deal. Then call the dog owner and say you feared for your life and had to shoot. I am sorry but a dog like that should be kept contained or put down.

I have several trailcams running all the time. I like to see what preditors are there.
I have used several kinds and would recomend not going with the cheep ones on amazon.
I liked my Moultrie's the best. They were easiest to set up and great video or still photos.
Go with a name brand like Stelth Cam, Brownell , Bushnell. I even like the brand sold in Tractor Supply (cant think of the name)
You will want to have it set to Video the longest clip avaliable.
Because of this you will probably fill the memory card quickly as even just the moving around of your livestock is going to keep it running. And you are going to want it pointed at your livestock area.
I am appalled at your neighbors attitude, and also of the unreasonable requirements of your law enforcement.
This should be cut and dried in your face obvious what's killing everyones livestock and pets!
Good luck!

I have several trailcams running all the time. I like to see what preditors are there.
I have used several kinds and would recomend not going with the cheep ones on amazon.
I liked my Moultrie's the best. They were easiest to set up and great video or still photos.
Go with a name brand like Stelth Cam, Brownell , Bushnell. I even like the brand sold in Tractor Supply (cant think of the name)
You will want to have it set to Video the longest clip avaliable.
Because of this you will probably fill the memory card quickly as even just the moving around of your livestock is going to keep it running. And you are going to want it pointed at your livestock area.
I am appalled at your neighbors attitude, and also of the unreasonable requirements of your law enforcement.
This should be cut and dried in your face obvious what's killing everyones livestock and pets!
Good luck!
Thanks! I was kind of hoping for a camera that could be easier to review/send to animal control if we get something. Especially because I am wanting so many

updated: kind of hoping for a non-game camera since I want so many of them and would like to review footage regularly without having to take SD cards out and stuff. Any with an App/cloud?
What is your situation with wifi? I have a costly game cam but for the most part I just have basic wireless security cams $20, in my coop, my garage, inside covered wood storage pointing at my 1 acre front, etc. etc. Can you run an extension cord? Then you can take pics from your phone and accomplish your goal.

We have spy point cameras set up. There’s an app on our phone and we can set it up to send on demand or a certain amount of times a day. You can get 100 free pics a month or pay a monthly fee for unlimited. There’s an option for videos as well.
I also have a Blink camera I am able to use to check in on my girls using my phone. I don’t have it set up but I know there’s a way to review images and movies.

How is your wifi signal out there? And do you have an outlet near by where you'd mount a camera?

I have this camera from Amazon. It has a two lens system for a zoomed out and zoomed in view. It tracks movement and stores video to a memory card. The stored memory card videos are easy to retrieve without pulling the card over the Reolink app. No subscriptions required.

1712931036596.png

1712931118632.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom