Campine, any guesses re pullet or roo?

RiddleMe

Songster
8 Years
Feb 8, 2011
Central Oregon
My Dunlap hatchery gold campine at exactly 3 weeks. S/he was a SR, any campine folks with a guess re pullet or roo...? Also posted this in the campine thread.
79408_campine1.jpg
79408_campine2.jpg

79408_campine3.jpg

We have 1 GC named Gwen! See my BYC page for pics of her growing up. I posted on the campine thread a while back, hoping her comb coming in wasn't an indication of a roo - she definitely had a bigger comb than anyone else. Someone on there posted a picture of a 5 or 6 week old GC roo with a crazily red comb, so I was assured Gwen was a girl. Yours looks pretty similar in development to our Gwen at that age (well, I have pics up at 18 days old and 25 days old - yours looks right in the middle). Right now, I'd say tentatively a girl, but you'll just have to watch that comb development in the next couple of weeks!

GL - ours is quite feisty and by far the best flyer of the bunch. She's now 15 weeks old and just did a flight across our yard onto our 2-story garage roof - UGH! LOL. Oh then she proceeded to fly across the yard again over the fence into the pond area...she is one mighty brat but so beautiful
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks for the link paceysgl, it's nice to see development pics for comparison. I'm hoping pullet, but am ok with a roo since we don't have any yet. I agree about the personality, s/he is the smallest of the bunch but definitely biggest in attitude. And so much fun to watch, s/he's always right in the middle of anything going on. :)

Back
Top Bottom