Campine Chicken thread?

Hey everyone, and thanks for posting,
As for temperment, my Campine (her name is Kimberly
big_smile.png
) was pretty wacky for awhile. But one day, (I'm still unsure how this happened) she lept off the roost (good flyer) and somehow her claw got lodged in between the bones under her beak. So there she was with her neck all twisted up and her claw still stuck in that position on the floor with this pleading look in her eyes and finally i got her "untied". Since then she follows me around like a puppy. I suppose it's gratitude. She sure is pretty.
She now lets me pick her up and she jumps on my lap. She has even followed me into the house on several occasions. I got her from MPC, and she is good, but her brother was bow-legged. So watch out.
Im in love with these birds, but the only place i can find them is hatcheries (shudders). I planned on breeding them to perfection, but no roosters allowed. 'sigh' I would dearly love to get a silver campine.
As for size, they stand up for themselves pretty well. She likes to hang with my dominent RIR's. They r bigger than they seem. Her first egg was a double yolker! She's my good luck chicken!
cool.png

Campines are beautiful birds, particularly the Goldens. They do tend to be pretty flighty. It's rare to see a Campine & very rare to see a good one.

That's a great story Campine Lover - sorry the little thing had to suffer for a while, but nice that it gave her a favorable personality change. I'm really excited about getting our 2, guess they can add their voice to the squawky RIRs.

Thanks for the comments......

That silver hen bred the best birds this year and also got second in a very big show here last year.....

What do you think her faults are ??

cheers shane

Back
Top Bottom