Campine Chicken thread?

They should have dark blue/slate legs if they have green legs they have been crossed with something at some stage.

cheers buff leghorn

I love this thread and looking at everyone's Campines. We got 6 chicks from MPC in April, 2 of which are Golden Campines. They certainly do have interesting personalities and as someone else said, mine will never be lap chickens. I got 2 because I thought due to their smaller size, they would need a buddy to help them get along with their 4 brooder mates and the other 7 yr old hens they would eventually be housed with. Well, their size may be small, but they seem to make up for it with their high energy level - and one of mine has a mouth that won't quit. We named her Goldie, but Squawky would be more appropriate.

So. I'm including a pic of them - both are supposed to be female but the one on the left - Goldie has a larger and redder comb. They are 16 wks old - I'm hoping she is just maturing a bit faster. Especially since one of her brooder mates - Suzie has turned out to be a beautiful Speckled Sussex Rooster. Not what we expected. We call him Sioux now.

30647_goldietawny_16wks.jpg

And just for grins - this is the girl that turned out to be a boy:

30647_sioux_16wks.jpg

well mine has the same color legs as the chick on the breed page, I guess that chick doesnt belong there then or i'm color blind. and sunflowerenvys birds legs look green to me too. now my andalusian has slate grey legs and the color is definately different.

Here is a picture of my Golden Campine Porkus. I love Campines, they are such silly chickens. Mine talks all the time, even at night she will use her quiet voice and when she is eating something really good she uses her excited voice!
lol.png

Here she is in the middle of a BOK....
24751_pic_8.jpg

Here she is being pretty....
24751_pic_1.jpg

Here she is with her EE buddy Mable when they were "teenagers"
24751_100_8067.jpg

And another of her as a teenager!
24751_100_8058.jpg

I love looking at all your Campine pics what a great thread! One day I will have a whole coop full of Campines!!!
smile.png

ok my campine isnt pure, if she has green slate legs might get away with it but she also hasn't got white earlobes, I'm wondering will she lay brown eggs if the rules follow white ears white eggs?

A pure campine shouldn't have any green legs if they are pure.

If you are getting green in the legs they have something else in them.

cheers shane

Back
Top Bottom