Camping

Quote:
My 37 foot tri-axle 5th wheel RV;)

Yeah, our fifth wheel has to be my pick too.

To make it at least a little challenging, we camp with no facilities every weekend from squirrel season until almost the end of bear season. That's early September through mid-December. It gets a little old by then and we're ready for a break.

We'll take a few small trips during the rest of the year, but for those three months the trailer stays at camp and we shuttle everything we need back and forth each weekend.

Quote:
Over the years, them bears in Yosemite have become extremely smart. I don't camp there anymore. I go to June Lake or Grant Lake and drive the two hours to spend the day there.

I have a big and a small tent, kind of depends on just two nights or longer. But I also got us cots and a 3.5" self inflating pad. My friend suggested that one after his mother broke her hip and fell in love with his while recuperating.

Quote:
Over the years, them bears in Yosemite have become extremely smart. I don't camp there anymore. I go to June Lake or Grant Lake and drive the two hours to spend the day there.

We have camped just up the road at "Lower Lee Vining" the past couple of falls/springs, just up the road from June Lake off Tioga pass. Nice and quiet and right on the rushing river! (no running water though so toy hauler is a plus there)

And close to the Whoa Nellie Deli!

I am thinking of Saddle Bag Lake on Tioga this summer

Quote:

We have camped just up the road at "Lower Lee Vining" the past couple of falls/springs, just up the road from June Lake off Tioga pass. Nice and quiet and right on the rushing river! (no running water though so toy hauler is a plus there)

And close to the Whoa Nellie Deli!

I am thinking of Saddle Bag Lake on Tioga this summer

I absolutely LOVE the Eastern SIerras for camping. Lake Mary and Horshoe Lake in Mammoth are also favorites. June is my all time favorite of all though. No drive to someplace to visit is too long for a day trip. Yosemite, Mono Lake, Bodie, etc. California wilderness is the BEST!

ETA: That would be the Russian River. Just so ya know.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
My 37 foot tri-axle 5th wheel RV;)

Yeah, our fifth wheel has to be my pick too.

To make it at least a little challenging, we camp with no facilities every weekend from squirrel season until almost the end of bear season. That's early September through mid-December. It gets a little old by then and we're ready for a break.

Bear season here is a month of sleeping in a truck chasing down the dogs LOL!

I remember taking a sack of food, some drinks and fishing gear and that was it. Nothing like spending a week on the river with nothing. I see folks camping now with almost every convience we have at home haha! Some areas I used to run when I was a kid, they do not even let you have a campfire now.......I guess you can never go back to the way it was.

Wife and I came home one time to find a family camped out
in our front yard. Thought it was quite funny at the time.

Okay, the front yard is quite big. On the side of a fourlane
highway, it sort of does resemble a roadside park. Even to
the point of a few picnic tables set out by the apple trees, the
garden. Even two blue 55 gallon trash drums.

A dirt township road runs through our front yard. I keep the one
side, with the house, fenced off. The other side is open. Pretty normal
thing to see someone setting on the dirt road.

But this couple had set out the awning, had a few clothes drying.

On the down side, people seem to leave their trash every few days. They
never seen to actually find my trash barrells.

Best investment we ever made is a double with double think sleeping pad from Cabellas.
Second best is the double wide 2 person down sleeping bag. Now that is snugglie
Third best thing tent for the boy and dog. Yep mom and dad in one tent
dog and boy in the other. Remember though that the walls of a tent are the same
as no walls at all.
We are headed to Lava Beds National park in the end of June. Come meet us up there
we will bring the keg. Bring your own pint glass.
Jen

Back
Top Bottom