Camping

Carols Clucks

Songster
9 Years
Oct 13, 2010
Even though I have no reservations for a camp site yet, I am looking forward to some down time camping.

I am not a back packer, I like a nice campground, preferably with hot showers and wifi....lol We got a shower tent, so I guess I don't need the hot showers anymore.

I just ordered a Camp Kitchen from REI and was thinking to myself, just what do I need?

What is your favorite camping gear item (other than the obvious tent, sleeping bag....)

Get an egg crate to put under the sleeping bags - that will save your life if you get a rocky spot!!!! Propane canisters for the stove, pans, plates, cups, utensils, lantern, toilet paper (no there never is any even if there is a toilet), towel, soap, ice chest, something to clean dishes with.

Please take stuff you can wash.Wild animals knock over trash cans and it can be a real mess. It is easier to wash in a creek or a fish cleaning sink. Oh, I tend to camp near lakes or streams.

My favorite camping item? Beer.

ETA: Oops google "campgrounds with flushable toilets in_____" whatever state you are in. Life saver there. I happened to have that list in my purse once and I won a contest at a baby shower for having the strangest item.
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
My 37 foot tri-axle 5th wheel RV;)

My days of sleeping in a ditch are over......tents do nothing for me at this age, but at one time I do believe I slept outside more then in!

Truth be told, I've been camping, and the thing I like the best is, well, ideally, I'd have one of those deluxe motor homes with A/C, my own bathroom and satellite television......So you say that's not camping?

Well, my DH and I dream of having one at a very nice campground in OHIO, and we would take our dogs too. We could go hiking with the dogs, BBQ, read a book, I could crochet, and if it got horribly hot and humid, then I could side inside and watch a bit of TV.......

I just can't take the heat and humidity....Takes the joy out of everything, so I guess my answer is a good bed and A/C for sleeping.....

Oh man, I forgot to buy a propane canister before we headed to Death Valley in February. I figured just how much can they charge for them there? They are just a couple of bucks more in Yosemite.

$11! Holy cow!

Oh, thing to bring while camping in Yosemite, a clip or lock for the bear locker! Turns out they know how to open some of those bear proof lockers and there is nothing like the sound of a bear leaning up on your tent while licking out your jar of peanut butter.

My stainless steel french press coffee maker. Any kind of coffee pot will do - the percolaters are great, as well.
A small clothes line to hang wet towels on.
Small cutting board and sharp knife.
Marshmellow stakes (can also be used for hot dogs).
Headlamp flash light.

Quote:
My 37 foot tri-axle 5th wheel RV;)

My days of sleeping in a ditch are over......tents do nothing for me at this age, but at one time I do believe I slept outside more then in!

(shhh my guy has a 22 foot toy hauler but wants the 39' 5th wheel)

Quote:
You solve the heat problem by camping at a high elevation. Nice and snuggly at night and beautiful during the day. Pick an area that typically doesn't have A/C and you know you are good to go.

I love camping. I love hanging out with other campers, grilled food, fishing, playing in the water, taking the time out to really appreciate nature.

Back
Top Bottom