Can a fox climb a fence?

One of the major differences scientifically between the Fox branch and the wolf branch of canines is the foxes ability to climb. Yes they can climb. Dont believe that story about sour grapes.

For sure they can, will go under but over also. That said sounds like a family of coons. foxs would not kill 12 in one day. plus if they can they carry them off, same for coyotes.

Dogs will, but dont eat much, coons will kill eat the neck and crop area,then move to another. dogs and coons both would kill 12 at a time. not many other predators would. Dogs kill lots sometime you have to look hard to see and damage to the body, just play toys

Do you think it could've been a fox and her kids? We have scene a fox nearby with her kids. The chickens had hardly any injuries. They took one of them through the fence.I can't say it wasn't a coon.

WyoChick, foxes killed my ducks and got 2 bantys last week. My son saw one climbing over the fence to get away. They broke necks, decapitate one completely, disposed of the bantams with not feathers remaining and took my smallest duck with them. I had seen them trot by my property during the day. They are well equipped to be a predator. We are waiting for attack 2 but we've sinced added barbed wire on a lower end of my fence and I let me dogs out after them anytime I see them. Good luck. Once they get a taste, they will come back.

Back
Top Bottom