Can a hen have healthy poults with Junior?

natyvidal

Songster
5 Years
Mar 1, 2018
Dade City, Florida
Hi everyone!
Merry Christmas all! 🎄🎁
I have an important question to decide what to do with Tom!
I am sending pictures of Penny and Tom, the original pair from the first poults I bought. The third picture is Junior. He is their offspring.
Problem: Tom doesn’t like me and I can’t let him out of their turkey mansion to free range because he will attack me.
Junior is very tame and sweet with me.

Can I sell Tom to a breeder and have Junior as Penny’s mate? (His mom?) Will it cause problems to the future poults? Deformities, health problems, etc?
Thank you.
🦃🦃🦃🤗
28AFD0C2-E944-4400-A2A6-F9A025109BD6.jpeg
28AFD0C2-E944-4400-A2A6-F9A025109BD6.jpeg
00129987-1B1B-4FBA-9B45-7C2D6CA54693.jpeg
AEAAF75F-062D-422C-BBF3-4D4130F79173.jpeg

A trick i use with older birds is let them rest in the fridge for 3-4 days with a dusting of seasoned salt. Then I vacuum seal into portions and freeze for later. Most everything from the store poultry wise is injected and brined with salt so at least with my own I can control how much.

Now we roasted some old roo leg quarters the other day & those had good flavor but fairly tough. Refrigerated overnight and reheated in my wife's instant pot with some of the broth ive froze from processing and it really softened it up..
Next day i took those leftovers and pulled meat from the bone and skillet fried with some spinach and made turkey wraps.

A trick i use with older birds is let them rest in the fridge for 3-4 days with a dusting of seasoned salt. Then I vacuum seal into portions and freeze for later. Most everything from the store poultry wise is injected and brined with salt so at least with my own I can control how much.

Now we roasted some old roo leg quarters the other day & those had good flavor but fairly tough. Refrigerated overnight and reheated in my wife's instant pot with some of the broth ive froze from processing and it really softened it up..
Next day i took those leftovers and pulled meat from the bone and skillet fried with some spinach and made turkey wraps.
Yumm!!! Sounds tasty!! Great ideas! Might just keep that Tom and invite him for the diner table!!!🤗. Thank you for the advise. Greatly appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom