Can A Pair Of White Silkies Have Different Colored Silkie Chicks?(Splash,Black,Blue?)

ManuelsChickens

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 9, 2012
Joliet, IL
I Wanted To Know If A Pair Of White Silkies Can Have Baby Chick Silkies But Different Color? (Like Blue,Black,Splash?) Also If They Can, Can Other Different Breeds Have The Same Thing Too?

Last edited:
Hmmm, good question, but one I can't answer. I'm wondering if feather color is like hair color with dominant and recessive genes? Meaning if white was recessive and both parents were white they would't carry the dominant gene for the darker colors. Hope somebody in the know sees this, I'll be watching.

Oh okay, I'm Just Wondering Cause I'm Receiving White Silkies And I'd Love For Them When they Grow Up To Have Different Color Silkie Chicks :) .

I am wondering the same thing about polish chicens..do I have a blue & black white crested polish and then 2 golden laced and 1 buff laced polish. I also wonder if they can produce say a splash? Maybe someone will have more information on color genes!!

I don't think that pure white silkies could. Pure meaning they were bred from only white lines. It is like hair color dominance but with birds it also depends on the color of the hen and the rooster (think sex link chicks - only certain colored breeds will produce the traits)

If there were any other colored birds in the pairs lines than maybe just probably not as likely.

Back
Top Bottom