Guess the franken-color?

BuckeyeFoodie

Crowing
10 Years
Mar 29, 2013
Columbus, OH
So, I have a pair of fertility-test babies from a oddball cuckoo Silkie pair that I've been playing the "what the heck color are THESE going to be?" game with.

Mama is either black or blue cuckoo, although I'm leaning towards blue.

Dad is...... Blue-Cream cuckoo? Lemon Blue cuckoo? Red Pyle cuckoo? IDFKW Cuckoo? I swear, he does have barring in his tail and hackles, it's just hard to see.
Screenshot_20231118_213652_Gallery.jpg

So, baby one:
20231118_095329.jpg
20231118_095302.jpg

Baby 2:

20231118_095437.jpg
20231118_095445.jpg

Alright, guess away! And I will update with weekly pictures as these two mature!

I recently test bred some silkies. A paint hen and a black rooster with the dreaded gold leakage around his neck. The chicks umm, let’s just say it was a wtf moment when I saw them for the first time. One paint, two yellow with an orange head, a partridge looking one and two that look like they need another trip through the dishwasher to become a bright white, they are grayish white. It’s exciting to watch them grow in new feathers.

Your two white ones look kinda splash colored and as for your silver chick, I have no idea but the little polka dotted fuzz on its head is adorable.

and two that look like they need another trip through the dishwasher to become a bright white

Omg, I'm dying laughing at that description! I live in fear of what is lurking under the dominant white in Paints.

And I agree that the white chick (there's only one, I just posted two pictures of each chick) somehow looks Splash. Don't ask me HOW genetically, because that's one headache I don't want to contemplate.... Maybe Dad really is blue-based? That baby also somehow only has four toes, despite both parents having five.

Second chick definitely has some adorable polka-dots!

🤣 yeah I’m scared of what’s lurking under those white genes of my chicks, probably a bunch of champagne or red leakage. I’m new to feather color genetics. Please, please post a clearer pic of said polka dots! 😍
So I’m not sure on your white chick but splash cuckoo? Wouldn’t that be pretty?!

Back
Top Bottom