Can anyone help me with my Premier Electric poultry netting?

hayley3

Crowing
15 Years
Aug 16, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
I bought a Gallagher Solar S40, a 3ft T-ground rod made by Gallagher also, and even bought the special wire that Premier says to get, but my fence barely has a tingle.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it!

Thanks! :)

Is your fence drooping onto the ground, discharging your battery?

I have to use the extra thick fiberglass posts that you purchase separately from the fence at the corners to make the fence taught and not sag along the bottom edge.

Are there any breaks in the hot wire zone around the fence?

Yes the ground is plenty wet. When I first put it up, it was taut. I believe the black line at the bottom is not electrified, as it is touching the ground.
I'm just using one 100 foot section. It's temporary fencing as I just moved in. I tied it to a plastic step in post at the corner to start. I know the red wire can't touch anything but the ground wire is okay if it does, correct?

The black wire at the bottom is not hot correct. RIght on red and ground wire. (mine is also 100 ft.)
3 ft of ground rod is plenty for a .4 J fence
BUT the HOT parts of the fence should not be touching the ground.

Did you allow the charger to fully charge before using?

chargers pulse - they arent' zappy all the time
THe Galls40 has two settings a hyper day and night mode, and a hyper day slow zap night mode.

The black wire at the bottom is not hot correct. RIght on red and ground wire. (mine is also 100 ft.)
3 ft of ground rod is plenty for a .4 J fence
BUT the HOT parts of the fence should not be touching the ground.

Did you allow the charger to fully charge before using?

chargers pulse - they arent' zappy all the time
THe Galls40 has two settings a hyper day and night mode, and a hyper day slow zap night mode.
I had it in the sun several days while I moved. As far as I know, there's no way to tell if it's at full charge.
Sadly I can hold the fencing and barely feel a pulse.
There might have been a few blades of grass touching the bottom of the fence, but I thought that was okay...I don't know how I would prevent that.

Back
Top Bottom