Can anyone recommend a really good candler for very small & dark eggs?

Denninmi

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
I have an LED trouble light that is wonderful for candling chicken, turkey, duck eggs, but it has proven woefully inadequate on button quail eggs.

Does anyone know of a commercial egg candler that will work with very small eggs, especially if they have dark shells as many quail eggs do?

I was looking at this Brinsea Ovascope:

http://www.brinsea.com/prod-OvaScope_egg_scope-236.aspx

I didn't know if that would work?

TIA

I understand your problem. I have 40 buttons in right now and all i can see is the light tan eggs, they still prove difficult and I use a 12 led flashlight

I raise quail and I have the PowerLux Egg candler. It works very good. It shows through brown eggs also. It comes with 2 different size probes. I bought it from Stromberg's for $29.50. It plugs into the wall and you don't have to buy expensive replacement bulbs. I would highly reccomend this item and if I had to replace mine I would buy this same one again. Good Luck to you !!

I have the Brinsea OvaScope. It works well. I can see into my BCM and Wellsummer eggs. I mean....I can see they're developing. The one is developing on one side cause of the way it was sitting and I can tell that. You still cant see details. I also have a $50 led light from home depot and the Brinsea works much better.
However, it is amazing for seeing into light colored eggs. You can rotate the egg and see every little detail. I can count toes! lol

Back
Top Bottom