Can anyone tell me what breed this is? Most definitely NOT the speckled sussex I ordered!

jlholm

Songster
9 Years
Mar 12, 2013
Western New York
My Coop
My Coop

I thought when they arrived that I had received 2 extra Super Blue Egg Layers instead of the Speckled Sussex that I had ordered, but they don't look like the SBEL I did get. They are 8 weeks old here. .....and I'm almost afraid to ask....could they be little roos?

Thanks for the reply! Not exactly what I wanted, lol! But glad its not a roo since I already have a Jersey Giant roo and not enough hens to have another.

I have 1 white leghorn. And I'm not saying it's a bad chicken, but it's flightyness does rub off on the rest of the flock. I won't purposely get another. Like you say, and is so true about a lot of stuff, it is what it is. Speckled would have been nice. I would at least ask for a refund of the birds you did not get. You didn't get what you paid for. And there is NO way to confuse a sussex with a leghorn IMO.

Good luck!

White Leghorn pullets.

The nice thing is, they're a pretty popular breed. So, if you don't want to keep one or both of them, they should be easy to sell.

Thanks! I agree! There's no way to think those are Sussex! They did reimburse me, but I'm stuck with the chicks. They have been showing the flightiness you describe and getting the whole flock worked up. Since I have a small flock kept mainly as pets, I was very specific about what breeds I want, so it's very dissappointing. Here in New York there is a 6 chick minimum, so I couldn't just go get a couple Sussex.
1f622.png

Back
Top Bottom